oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

I also do not want Derby to be liquidated but the financing of them through administration doesn't sit right with me when they are refusing to sell assets (players).

Am i understanding it right that they are being financed through administration by receiving funds from Dell on the basis that Dell get money back after sale?  

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

The fans have no say in anything at the end of the day. It’s just internet noise and clickbait articles. 

I’m sure many Derby fans are appalled by Morris’ actions, they just don’t go on line to vent their anger. There is a whole world away from forums and social media. It’s good to take a break from time to time, I have and it puts things into perspective.

Very true, 

5 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

The fans have no say in anything at the end of the day. It’s just internet noise and clickbait articles. 

I’m sure many Derby fans are appalled by Morris’ actions, they just don’t go on line to vent their anger. There is a whole world away from forums and social media. It’s good to take a break from time to time, I have and it puts things into perspective.

That's what I'm saying though. Derby fans who are annoyed with Morris after acknowledging they were wrong about him now believe everything Quantuma says. Those fans are all online too.

This isn't just in social media or forums either, it's their local radio and newspaper media too. The lad on BBC Radio Derby who interviewed Couhig, the Wycombe owner, is practically being used as a mouthpiece for the administrators.

As you say, forums and social media are one thing. We're all a lot louder when we're annoyed but it seems to extend beyond that. And I would appreciate that anger a great deal more if it was put in all directions but there is a saviour involved here who is also trying to get the best deal possible for themselves amongst everything else who they barely question at all. That's not reasonable, in my eyes.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’m not arguing anything of the sort, I just don’t want Derby to be liquidated, because I care about football and supporters in this country.

I was upset for Bury fans when they were put out of business and for Wimbledon fans when their club was moved to Milton Keynes. 

I totally agree that Derby have done wrong, I totally agree that they had to be punished but I don’t agree with the calls to liquidate them and for generations of supporters to lose their club 

it’s pretty simple really. 

I understand that and neither do I, but it sounds like you think they've been punished enough by getting points deducted and possibly relegated, while they have yet to pay back a single penny and actually want to get a discount of up to 75% on the money they owe - which is mainly to the public. I'm sorry but if they can't pay that back then the company shouldn't be allowed to continue.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I also do not want Derby to be liquidated but the financing of them through administration doesn't sit right with me when they are refusing to sell assets (players).

Am i understanding it right that they are being financed through administration by receiving funds from Dell on the basis that Dell get money back after sale?  

It would appear so. And have strong armed their way into being a super preferred creditor as a result.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I think what Quantuma are doing is quite far removed from normal administrator work. Other clubs which have ended up in administration have sold key assets to release funds to pay debts to the best extent they can. Derby's admins are flatly refusing to sell anyone in an active transfer window, presumably because they think they can dodge a bullet and finish the season with a squad as strong as they started it. I'm not an administration expert, but I think that's against both the letter and the spirit of the law when it comes to their responsibilities.

Not so sure it is removed from normal administrator work. Bear in mind their bosses are members of professional bodies and are subject to disciplinary action/barring if they don’t follow laws and rules.

the EFL have said that Derby have to show by 1st February (end of transfer window) they have the money to finish the season. Quantuma know that and if they don’t sell anyone and can’t find the money they won’t finish the season - so it’s self defeating. 
if they are refusing to sell players, either they reckon they can find the money from elsewhere to finish the season, or they reckon they can sell someone nearer the deadline, if they haven’t got a deal. If they are simply putting their head in the sand and refusing to sell players and risking that the EFL call their bluff, then they are risking professional suicide.

40 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:.

Derby County Football Club is worth far more than the money they owe HMRC, so there is no excuse for HMRC not receiving what they're owed. Personally, I couldn't give a toss whether MFC gets a penny out of them - my sympathies lie with (a) Wycombe Wanderers, (b) all the small businesses who are being shafted out of money DCFC owe them for services provided in good faith, and (c) the taxpayer in general

It’s not just what they owe the taxman though, is it. As you say there are all the other small businesses. Even ignoring Boro and Wycombe claims, Derby probably owe over £40m, plus the ground issue. Is club worth more than that, with no ground? I don’t know how much the existing players could be sold for - but Is it that much? (And I do know that a buyer might pay over the odds to get hold of a club in the Championship, so the price paid may be over the amounts owed)

Also, whether we like it or not, whoever buys the club will have to do a deal with Morris, or they have nowhere to play. However unpalatable that makes it, he has a big say in the future of the club and seems to be pulling strings in the background. It also means he will probably get more of the price the buyer is willing to pay than anyone on here would think fair - and probably at the expense of the taxman and other creditors?

as far as the ground value is concerned - the value will depend on circumstances - even the EFL struggled to argue the £80m wasn’t fair and if it had been say £50m, I doubt Steve Gibson would have disagreed then - so the current value really is irrelevant in that sense - it simply represents a value in combination with the other circumstances now.

don’t get me wrong, I really hope Derby get stuffed with relegation, but not that they go under. Emotionally, I agree with you, but in the real world, it’s different to how we would like. I just don’t think it’s as simple as blaming the administrators, or saying the taxman should be paid in full.

18 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I understand that and neither do I, but it sounds like you think they've been punished enough by getting points deducted and possibly relegated, while they have yet to pay back a single penny and actually want to get a discount of up to 75% on the money they owe - which is mainly to the public. I'm sorry but if they can't pay that back then the company shouldn't be allowed to continue.

That’s just the law of the land I’m afraid. 

16 minutes ago, Naisby said:

The Derby Telegraph is running a story warning their fans about their behaviour.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-fans-administration-statement-6527124

have a good read and then tell me if I’m missing something

Be nice if they called out the death threats against our owner.

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, Naisby said:

The Derby Telegraph is running a story warning their fans about their behaviour.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-fans-administration-statement-6527124

have a good read and then tell me if I’m missing something

Whilst the way they're going about it is bad, extremely bad at that, the fact they're challenging the administrators and this fans group are seemingly refusing to represent that tells you everything you need to know. Yet another mouthpiece for the administrators, going by their comments here.

In the same way Gibson and Couhig are not Derby County, neither are Quantuma but the few raging seem to be up against it when their own fans can't be represented. It might not be the supporters group's responsibility to be angry to the administrators because that would probably just shut down conversations altogether. But they should at least represent that anger as well as condemn those who cross the line.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Agree - its a stupid American thing that seems to have made its way over here (like so much of their crap).

Anything that happens in America happens in the UK 3-5yrs later especially if we’re talking about a social thing

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Uwe said:

Anything that happens in America happens in the UK 3-5yrs later especially if we’re talking about a social thing

Huh. Kids today with their memes and social media and incomprehensible "music".

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN