oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

6 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

I might be wrong, but I thought administrators were supposed to impartially apply legal strictures to a failing business, ensuring maximum return for any creditors? It sounds for all the world as if Quantuma are acting solely on behalf of Mel Morris, and everyone else be damned.

This is one of those in theory/in practice things mate.

• Like 2
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Brunners said:

So Derby fans want to create a petition to get Gibsons OBE removed.

They also are all drooling over the DM article, while coincidentally ignoring Simon Jordans comments. Suspicious!

Does it matter?

5 hours ago, Mr_Maz said:

our performance has nothing to do with the Derby's cheating. so there is no point to that article.

the only fact that matters is that we finished 7th, 1 pt behind a Derby team that have admitting failing FFP across a number of seasons, and thus should have been deducted points in that year.  

that is all, - Derby cheated, lied about cheating and delayed the process to escape punishment in a number of seasons.

When a sprinter finishes 2nd in a race to a drug cheat, does it matter if the person finishing 2nd could have run faster?

No, but it's also not up to the 2nd place sprinter to sue the winner to prove he cheated in the first place.  The governing body takes that action, or doesn't in some cases, and the second placed athlete eventually is given his medal.  That analogy doesn't work in this situation though.  It would be more like an athlete who lost in one of the heats to someone who later turned out to be drugs cheat demanding part of a medal, not a full one, because if they'd gotten through their heat to the final then they might have finished in the medals.  That's what Boro are doing, and it's pathetic.  

The issue, as it has been from the start, is a governing body that isn't fit for purpose.  It wants to be in charge but without the responsibility that being in charge really entails.  They have rules but don't necessarily want to enforce them.  They would prefer it if the clubs just behaved as they are 'supposed' to but that is incredibly naive.  If you want the power then you also get the responsibility, which in this case means you need an ability to investigate your members conduct/behaviour thoroughly, and then to deal with any breaches of those rules effectively and in a timely manner.  This is something that the EFL can't manage as it stands.

Also, get rid of FFP, it doesn't work.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No, but it's also not up to the 2nd place sprinter to sue the winner to prove he cheated in the first place.  The governing body takes that action, or doesn't in some cases, and the second placed athlete eventually is given his medal.  That analogy doesn't work in this situation though.  It would be more like an athlete who lost in one of the heats to someone who later turned out to be drugs cheat demanding part of a medal, not a full one, because if they'd gotten through their heat to the final then they might have finished in the medals.  That's what Boro are doing, and it's pathetic.  

The issue, as it has been from the start, is a governing body that isn't fit for purpose.  It wants to be in charge but without the responsibility that being in charge really entails.  They have rules but don't necessarily want to enforce them.  They would prefer it if the clubs just behaved as they are 'supposed' to but that is incredibly naive.  If you want the power then you also get the responsibility, which in this case means you need an ability to investigate your members conduct/behaviour thoroughly, and then to deal with any breaches of those rules effectively and in a timely manner.  This is something that the EFL can't manage as it stands.

Also, get rid of FFP, it doesn't work.

Once again I find myself disagreeing with you on some parts. And not surprisingly that feels good and right 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Derby have been docked an awful lot of points which is fair punishment in my eyes. They are also in a terrible financial mess, I imagine if this was happening at our club we would be heartbroken. They look like they’ll get relegated this season, that’s their punishment. 

Gibson really shouldn’t be pulling on the misery and by continuing his action he’s effectively delaying the sale of Derby to a potential buyer and therefore increasing the chance of them running out of money and folding. I don’t like what he’s doing one bit, even though I admire him as a man and as our chairman, I just can’t agree with what he’s doing here. 

I know many are up in arms about us missing out on promotion, but under Pulis?? Now that’s what I call a long shot!

Whether Gibson is delaying the sale or not is irrelevant to a certain extent in my opinion.  Sport should be settled on the field, and if there are issues then the governing body needs to deal with it.  Gibson has an issue with Morris, so he's taking the action against Derby.  Two rich blokes having an argument, and lots of easily lead people jumping up and down on either side of it like kids surrounding a playground fight 👎

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Whether Gibson is delaying the sale or not is irrelevant to a certain extent in my opinion.  Sport should be settled on the field, and if there are issues then the governing body needs to deal with it.  Gibson has an issue with Morris, so he's taking the action against Derby.  Two rich blokes having an argument, and lots of easily lead people jumping up and down on either side of it like kids surrounding a playground fight 👎

This isn't a sports issue, it's business. 

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It would be more like an athlete who lost in one of the heats to someone who later turned out to be drugs cheat demanding part of a medal, not a full one, because if they'd gotten through their heat to the final then they might have finished in the medals.

I'd be fuming if I got robbed of a chance to compete by a cheater. Gibbo is completely right

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Errrrm, but you do realise that our owner could beat up their owner right?... Right?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Welcome back, there's a dedicated Derby thread now btw

1 minute ago, notjade said:

I'd be fuming if I got robbed of a chance to compete by a cheater. Gibbo is completely right

We didn't get robbed of a chance to compete.  We competed, and finished behind, a club who broke a rule.  My analogy is the correct one in these circumstances.

Just as an aside, didn't we break FFP rules the year we got promoted?  I'm sure we made a £25m loss that season?  We would have had to find a lot of things to remove from FFP consideration to have made it under the limit.