oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Australia take on Vietnam tomorrow. It looks like McGree is usually more of a bench player for Australia but started the last time they played Vietnam. hopefully he gets a start in the next couple of games for them and keeps a level of fitness and comes back full of confidence ready to go.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Short descriptive video of xG. Dear me Britt btw🤣

Fricken Assombalonga 🤦‍♂️

I think Britt gets an unnecessarily harsh treatment from Boro fans.

He scored 15,14,11 before his abmysal last season. He did this despite playing for managers and in set ups that didn’t suit him. 

Personally think they are good returns.

Boro fans will be delighted if Sporar does those numbers. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

He scored 15,14,11 before his abmysal last season. He did this despite playing for managers and in set ups that didn’t suit him. 

I don’t think it’s the goals he scored it’s the ones he missed. It seems to me he has 2-3 good opportunities most games but fluffed then also didn’t he miss his fair share of penalties too 🤔

• Like 1
Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

If he was on £20k a year max and signed for like £3m, you'd be pretty happy at how it turned out for Britt. But you're doubling the wage and quintupling the fee, it changes how you judge him, makes you wonder if the money could have been spent better. And it definitely could have been.

The frustrating thing is we already had a better striker on our books with Bamford and buying Britt was undoubtedly part of the reason Bamford had to go in the end, to balance the books. Nobody would have cared at the time as it looked like Bamford was going to be part of a front 3 with Britt and Braithwaite but Monk started changing his mind by game 1 at Wolves.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

If he was on £20k a year max and signed for like £3m, you'd be pretty happy at how it turned out for Britt. But you're doubling the wage and quintupling the fee, it changes how you judge him, makes you wonder if the money could have been spent better. And it definitely could have been.

The frustrating thing is we already had a better striker on our books with Bamford and buying Britt was undoubtedly part of the reason Bamford had to go in the end, to balance the books. Nobody would have cared at the time as it looked like Bamford was going to be part of a front 3 with Britt and Braithwaite but Monk started changing his mind by game 1 at Wolves.

I don't think you'd tempt many championship goalscorers to the Boro with your £20k a year 😛

• Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I don’t think it’s the goals he scored it’s the ones he missed. It seems to me he has 2-3 good opportunities most games but fluffed then also didn’t he miss his fair share of penalties too 🤔

If he missed 2-3 good opportunities a game, and scored 15 goals, he'd be on for about 100 a season.  It seems to me that you are exaggerating a little.  He only averaged slightly under 2 shots per game for us 🙂

23 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

If he missed 2-3 good opportunities a game, and scored 15 goals, he'd be on for about 100 a season.  It seems to me that you are exaggerating a little.  He only averaged slightly under 2 shots per game for us 🙂

It’s always the error’s that tend to stick in your mind so you’re probably right. It’s also down to the fact that I had such high hopes for Britt (Not his fault I know) that make his tenure with us seem so disappointing

3 minutes ago, Uwe said:

It’s always the error’s that tend to stick in your mind so you’re probably right. It’s also down to the fact that I had such high hopes for Britt (Not his fault I know) that make his tenure with us seem so disappointing

Along with so many others sadly

Just now, Uwe said:

Yeah I suppose it is that way really.  Also the £15m fee sets a certain level of expectation I guess.  If Watmore misses a sitter, it's frustrating in that moment, but he was a free transfer on likely a much smaller contract than Britt so it's less of a big deal.  Ultimately, he wasn't worth the money we shelled out on him 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Will we still need to show a Covid Pass for the Cov game?

Not based on government rules - they go as of tomorrow. However, that doesn’t stop organisations keeping the rule if they wish - some shops are keeping the mask rule for example, but that’s up to the place you are going to. So it depends on whether Boro decide to continue to require it. Seems doubtful, but I guess they will issue a statement tomorrow or Friday. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

Not based on government rules - they go as of tomorrow. However, that doesn’t stop organisations keeping the rule if they wish - some shops are keeping the mask rule for example, but that’s up to the place you are going to. So it depends on whether Boro decide to continue to require it. Seems doubtful, but I guess they will issue a statement tomorrow or Friday. 

Boro have pretty much always followed the guidelines as they are so if they can drop the restrictions then they probably will.

I would think it would be even more likely that those restrictions get dropped after the last game where, depending on when you turned up and what turnstile you were at, you may or may not get your pass checked and mask guidelines may not have been spoken about.

We spoke to the club about this at the last MSF meeting and they were saying how they'd have to reinforce the guidelines to their stewards after some varied experiences from different reps in the group. Me personally, I turned up and the lass there almost looked shocked when I lifted up my phone with the pass on to show her. Think most reps reported no issues but one of those things where it's little good having the rules to try and prevent the spread of a virus if the odd steward here and there doesn't bother.

If the guidelines are changing though then that stuff probably doesn't matter. Seems doubtful they'd continue anyway, like you said.

18 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Sporar's all round play is better to me though, it doesn't look like he's constantly about to lose the ball and some of his flicks that have led directly to goals have been exquisite. I'm still indifferent to whether we end up signing him or not but he'd be much better value than Britt either way.