oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

1 minute ago, Will said:

What, exactly, have I made up? You've just said you've always had an issue with him, literally word for word what I said...

I've said that Howson wasn't as good for us as Leadbitter was, I don't think that is up for debate but he is a far superior footballer.

I wonder if you put Howson in that Karanka team whether he has as good a time as Leadbitter did. I have a feeling he probably would have.

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Will said:

What, exactly, have I made up? You've just said you've always had an issue with him, literally word for word what I said...

I've said that Howson wasn't as good for us as Leadbitter was, I don't think that is up for debate but he is a far superior footballer.

More spin. I had an issue with his perceived under par performances not with him. How that translates in to some kind of bias in my opinion, I don’t know.

Strange that you think Leadbitter was a better player for us over the course of over half a decade at the club but you’re still coming to the conclusion that Howson was a far superior footballer. Has he been keeping it under wraps for 5 years? 

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Never had a problem with him.

Got the major decision spot on when we played Brighton in a huge match.

Just thought it interesting that we get a premier league ref. I imagine they've given us an experienced ref because they know it could potentially get nasty on the field.

27 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Just thought it interesting that we get a premier league ref. I imagine they've given us an experienced ref because they know it could potentially get nasty on the field.

Just hope Cleveland Constabulary will also be fielding a battalion of riot troops as backup... 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Just hope Cleveland Constabulary will also be fielding a battalion of riot troops as backup... 

You'd expect all the Vans, Robocop gear, Horses, Helicopter etc. but knowing Cleveland Police they will probably have a dozen Bobbies and save all that serious gear for a midweek home game against Luton when they bring 175 fans!

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

You'd expect all the Vans, Robocop gear, Horses, Helicopter etc. but knowing Cleveland Police they will probably have a dozen Bobbies and save all that serious gear for a midweek home game against Luton when they bring 175 fans!

Or they'll call the club a few days beforehand with some excuse like a bunch of lads have gone down with Covid, but they'll call the local Army cadets and see if they can spare anyone. 

• Haha 1