oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

7 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/every-championship-free-agent-available-23123035

we've got to be all over the Sam Johnstone from the Baggies

He will definitely be going to the Prem. But if we are promoted he’s an obvious choice. Would also be interested in taking that young Festy Ebosele from Derby to see if we can turn him into a left sided Isiah Jones. Kristian Pedersen from Birmingham if don’t get promoted seems like a sensible choice too to battle with Bola. He’s probably a better defender than attacker though. 

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Borodane said:

He will definitely be going to the Prem. But if we are promoted he’s an obvious choice. Would also be interested in taking that young Festy Ebosele from Derby to see if we can turn him into a left sided Isiah Jones. Kristian Pedersen from Birmingham if don’t get promoted seems like a sensible choice too to battle with Bola. He’s probably a better defender than attacker though. 

I'm not sure many Derby players - especially the younger ones from their youth system - will be particularly keen on coming to the club a lot of them think tried to ruin them.

42 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I'm not sure many Derby players - especially the younger ones from their youth system - will be particularly keen on coming to the club a lot of them think tried to ruin them.

There footballers once they see £££ nothing matters.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Ebosele looks like a young Adama. Natural left sided attacking wing back. He probably should be one of our top targets after a keeper. Especially if we can get him on a free.

2 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

There footballers once they see £££ nothing matters.

There's not a lot of players in that Derby team I'd be throwing £££ at. Not sure of anyone in their side who I'd actually take. I think there's only really Bielik who is an improvement on what we have but given what they spent to sign him, I reckon we could find similar quality for much less money. Not to mention he's had 2 long-term injuries, is it?

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

There's not a lot of players in that Derby team I'd be throwing £££ at. Not sure of anyone in their side who I'd actually take. I think there's only really Bielik who is an improvement on what we have but given what they spent to sign him, I reckon we could find similar quality for much less money. Not to mention he's had 2 long-term injuries, is it?

I haven’t really watched them close enough. Lawrence always impresses but don’t think he would suit us. 

my point was more Derby players won’t care about what’s gone if they are offered a better deal here. 

12 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I haven’t really watched them close enough. Lawrence always impresses but don’t think he would suit us. 

my point was more Derby players won’t care about what’s gone if they are offered a better deal here. 

just offering to pay them every month would be a start

19 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Half of oneBoro didn't even want him in the side two months ago.  Drive him to Leeds etc etc 🙌

He’s playing completely different roles in Wilders boro to under Warnock to be fair. He’s unrecognisable now compared to before. I’m glad he’s turned it around though. The simple side of his game wasn’t even there with Warnock to some extent. He’s simplified his game beautifully now and is a welcomed addition but let’s not gloss over him being good under Warnock

17 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

He’s playing completely different roles in Wilders boro to under Warnock to be fair. He’s unrecognisable now compared to before. I’m glad he’s turned it around though. The simple side of his game wasn’t even there with Warnock to some extent. He’s simplified his game beautifully now and is a welcomed addition but let’s not gloss over him being good under Warnock

The two things Tav was criticised for under Warnock were his set pieces and his wild shots from everywhere. Those things have disappeared overnight with wilder in control - it's very obvious that he was acting on Warnocks instructions, which I did say at the time. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Can't agree on him playing a completely different role. Slightly different I can go with, but he's fundamentally the same player he has been all season. The stats posted earlier in this thread are for the full season, which is roughly 50% Wilder 50% Warnock at this point. He didn't get generate those stats just in Wilders games. He is shooting less and his set pieces are significantly more consistent are the two biggest changes I have noticed.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

What's he turned around?

The reason he doesn't shoot half as near as much any more is two fold. Wilder believes in creating quality chances not speculative efforts and he's not playing on the left which means he's not often in a position to shoot with his preferred foot. 

25 minutes ago, Humpty said:

What's he turned around?

The reason he doesn't shoot half as near as much any more is two fold. Wilder believes in creating quality chances not speculative efforts and he's not playing on the left which means he's not often in a position to shoot with his preferred foot. 

I don’t see him breaking forward as much as before and giving away possession ‘needlessly’. I think the shape of the team is also different now where as we are more structured, and as a result he doesn’t need to go forward as much. Because he doesn’t need to be as risky, he is looking more competent on the ball and is therefore being more effective in my eyes 

• Like 1

He was just asked to play a different role. He was (probably) the most important in that Warnock team. We're less reliant on his attacking abilities in this set up which means he might not be trying to force the issue as much as he was before. I can understand that perspective. He still gets forward as much as he did back then he just receives the ball higher up the pitch so he doesn't carry the ball as often as he did previously.