oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

5 minutes ago, Will said:

You're talking at least that height, and even then someone like McBurnie who was listed isn't that type of player, he's just tall. Doesn't play like a big man. 

Well I was a little confused about Ollie Burke being included like 🙂

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

I have been traveling since Monday and popped on to read about the Sheffield decibel, where is the thread. WTF happened to the team and it's it’s inability to win away and dropping vital points? WTF has gone on while I’ve been away! 

2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I have been traveling since Monday and popped on to read about the Sheffield decibel, where is the thread. WTF happened to the team and it's it’s inability to win away and dropping vital points? WTF has gone on while I’ve been away! 

Don't think anything different has happened since you been away.

We could not win away from home while you were here. And we could not win away from home while you were not here. #consistent 

• Like 1

Dimitar Berbatov and Mark Viduka are two of the most technically gifted strikers I've seen with the ball at their feet and they were both 6'2". Hell, even Peter Crouch in his prime, at a glorious 6'7", was better playing in sides where they made the most of his technical abilities over his height. Like Crooks in our side, there's advantages to it for sure. But unlike say Gestede, Hugill or Ikpeazu, there's more to these players than just being a player who can win a header.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I have been traveling since Monday and popped on to read about the Sheffield decibel, where is the thread. 

It was pretty loud when they scored. High 80s I reckon. What more do you need to know about it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

It was pretty loud when they scored. High 80s I reckon. What more do you need to know about it?

And there was a debacle also!

@sanddancer

The thread is in the match day section for this season does not make good reading

13 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

And there was a debacle also!

@sanddancer

The thread is in the match day section for this season does not make good reading

Whoa didn’t make good reading. Not just got beat this time but battered and demoralised. Looking back since CW arrived I think the lift of a new manager is beginning to cough and fart but if there is no threat up front then of course we will always be under pressure. Can’t score won’t score. 

7 hours ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

Shocked! I was looking for the thread and now wish I never read it. 

8 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Don't think anything different has happened since you been away.

We could not win away from home while you were here. And we could not win away from home while you were not here. #consistent 

just read the reports. The away form could very well cost us a play off. Let’s hope Chelsea go bust and we get a bye 

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grant-hall-complicated-middlesbrough-situation-23387591

EG piece on Grant Hall - 

Chris Wilder is currently struggling to find a place for Grant Hall in Middlesbrough's matchday squads, but has called on the defender to make sure he stays ready should he be needed in the final ten games of the season.

The centre-back has not played a single minute of first-team football since Wilder arrived at Boro in November, having initially been on the injury list at that time.

Hall had been named on the bench for games over the festive period against Bournemouth and Blackpool, but after complications, the 30-year-old has not even made the bench since the turn of the year. His last appearance came at West Brom in Neil Warnock's final game in charge in what was his comeback from injury, only to suffer a setback in that one.

In recent weeks more and more supporters have wondered where Hall has been after he had one outing for the under-23s last month.

Explaining his recent absence, Wilder said: “Grant is part of the group. He's had a couple of little issues but he is back involved now and back part of the group.

"It has been quite difficult because of the form of Dael Fry. We don’t really need two centre-halves on the bench and so Sol has taken that spot, and of course, you’re trying to cover bases. Lee Peltier has an important role to play and there are a couple of lads that can move and be flexible for us.

"I do like three forwards on the bench too, so three forwards, a midfield player, a goalkeeper… it makes it difficult."

Boro have just ten games remaining in the season, though that could of course be extended, depending on their progression in the FA Cup and if they achieve their goal of making the play-offs.

And while Hall is down the pecking order at Boro currently, Wilder's message to the centre-back is to make sure he is ready, just in case he is needed, at which point he'd have an opportunity to step in and finally prove himself to the new Boro boss.

"But Grant has an important role to play between now and the end of the season," Wilder continued. "I think they all know they have to be ready when called upon, like Pelts was on Saturday.

"It can be quite difficult to come in and hit the ground running because there is no hiding place out there. But it comes down to the amount of work that they put in to make sure they are ready like Pelts was, to put on a performance."

Has anyone else experiencing problems on the mfc website buying tickets? I've tried 4 different cards, two different accounts for two different games and they all say REFUSED payment? I spoke online to the bank and they say there's no restrictions or anything

2 minutes ago, liambell42 said:

Has anyone else experiencing problems on the mfc website buying tickets? I've tried 4 different cards, two different accounts for two different games and they all say REFUSED payment? I spoke online to the bank and they say there's no restrictions or anything