oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Maybe he didn't rule himself out because Burnley aren't planning on a permenant appointment until summer and he wants to wait and see where they are and where we are come the end of the season?

That would still be disappointing, but at least somewhat logical thinking from someone who's career has to be his number one priority. 

I'd be gutted to lose him in the summer but wouldn't have any hard feelings if it was to a premier League club over a championship side, but if he left now I'd lose all respect. 

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Maybe he didn't rule himself out because Burnley aren't planning on a permenant appointment until summer and he wants to wait and see where they are and where we are come the end of the season?

That would still be disappointing, but at least somewhat logical thinking from someone who's career has to be his number one priority. 

I'd be gutted to lose him in the summer but wouldn't have any hard feelings if it was to a premier League club over a championship side, but if he left now I'd lose all respect. 

That's basically how Rooney responded when asked about him being linked with the Burnley job.

"I have seen various articles that I have been linked. What is important is keeping this club in the division. Long-term, my future is linked to the takeover being completed."

I'd lose all respect for Wilder if he left us now or for a relegated Burnley, but I'd probably understand him joining them in the summer if they stayed up.

I'd still be bitter about it, mind.

I’d like to think wilder is a man of his word. (Long term adventure) like he spoke in his first interview. Could understand if an Everton came knocking, but Burnley no. Burnley most likely be in championship next season. Disappointed he didn’t nip it in the bud and say he’s fully focussed on the job at hand. Seen trolls on twitter saying hes resigned and said his goodbyes this morning 🤣🥴 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I doubt they will attract a Manager of some ilk or perhaps I should say current ilk. They will either go for a Pulis/Allardyce short term type or maybe it could be attractive to a Karanka, Lee Johnson or a Woodgate desperate to get back in the dug out.

I could certainly see that happening.

New owner making a knee-jerk reaction like that, sacking the manager with the season nearly over. Wouldn't surprise me if they tried to get someone like Pulis or Allardyce in, hoping for a miracle.

But I can't see many managers only signing until the end of the season. Surely anyone they brought in would want a couple of years minimum. Then again, if they turned out to be hopeless, its easy enough to pay them off and look for someone else. Contracts don't mean a whole lot these days...

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Is there a link to that sky sports article please? I cant seem to find it anywhere?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12590663/sean-dyche-sacked-as-burnley-boss-after-10-years-at-the-club

It's taken from this article TLF. A few paragraphs in.

I had a nightmare trying to read it with the pop up ad covering my whole screen and moving with it though.

Tifo/The Athletic have done a video on historic premier league transfers adjusted for inflation in football - we didn’t make the top 10, but Ravanelli comes in at £103.1m!

Not too bad considering we got £85.1m for Nick Barmby…

Whilst I’m here, they also did a video on the UEFA Cup run.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Mr_Maz said:

Well done to Zach Hemmings and Kilmarnock. A late comeback against 2nd place Arbroath secured them the Scottish Championship title this evening.

I would be happy for Hemming to remain at Kilmarnock next season and get experience in the SPL. Excellent next step for his development. He wont be no.1 here and remaining there is better than being sent to a league 1 club imo.

• Like 5