• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Arsenal AND Spurs are my PL teams. 😳

Season 8 Episode 2 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Are Boro just your Teesside team? 🙃

Not having a go but I don't really get supporting different teams in the same competitions.  I can just about understand having a few clubs in different countries but supporting multiple English clubs seems bonkers to me.  Having said that I suppose it depends where your support/fandom originates from.  I'm a Teessider with previous generations of my family being Boro fans.  So that's it for me I guess, I was locked in from birth, it wasn't really a choice, I just am.  I suppose for a lot of fans it's not really like that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Are Boro just your Teesside team? 🙃

Not having a go but I don't really get supporting different teams in the same competitions.  I can just about understand having a few clubs in different countries but supporting multiple English clubs seems bonkers to me.  Having said that I suppose it depends where your support/fandom originates from.  I'm a Teessider with previous generations of my family being Boro fans.  So that's it for me I guess, I was locked in from birth, it wasn't really a choice, I just am.  I suppose for a lot of fans it's not really like that.

I was just joking...sort of.

Boro are the only team I follow closely (and the only one I have shirts for). They're the only team that really matter to me.

But since the PL is such a big deal, if there is an Arsenal or Spurs game on I can catch, I usually will. Spurs because I supported them briefly as a kid before I seriously got into football (the Lineker & Gazza connection) and Arsenal because I admired Wenger and because we've had a fair few ex-Gunners play for Boro over the years.

• Confused 1
5 hours ago, Will said:

Disgusting, isn't it?

I don't think it's that unusual for people to have a second team.  Darlington and Spennymoor are my second teams (which hasn't worked quite so well since Darlo's mega relegation - it was much simpler when one was lower league and the other non league).  Rangers are my Scottish team.  However, they are my second teams and in a match against Boro I only have loyalty to one team. 

19 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Arsene-Wenger-celebrates-by-lifting-the-Premiership-trophy-after-the-match-between-Arsenal-and-Everton-2002.jpg.72ecfec65347a81a114d5ea58e184bf7.jpg

1_GettyImages-141163583.jpg.87b6e93038842085216523d7d93f41f0.jpg

Many kids like glory supporting teams that are winning trophies when they're growing up.

I'll have you know I started following Arsenal when George Graham was manager!

My first football kit was an Arsenal kit and not a Boro kit though, I'm slightly ashamed to admit.

Had a Boro season ticket for well over a decade though, starting at Ayresome Park and then at the Riverside.

21 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I don’t get having “second” teams at all. 

It gives you a reason to be interested in football when Boro aren't playing. 🤷‍♂️ I find it difficult to get into games as a neutral and it helps if I actually want one team to win over the other.

4 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

It gives you a reason to be interested in football when Boro aren't playing. 🤷‍♂️ I find it difficult to get into games as a neutral and it helps if I actually want one team to win over the other.

Fair point. I also think that you are influenced by the people around you or your surroundings. My late wife was an Arsenal fan so I look out for their results…My old Dad was a Bristol Rovers fan so I watch out for their results too. I now live in Brighton and watch them occasionally so I guess they would qualify as a second team. There are loads of reasons to be interested in other teams, especially if you’ve moved around a lot. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

As an Arsenal fan, that is simply unacceptable. You should be fired out of a cannon into the Thames for that!

I'll drive down to London and get on the Woolwich ferry. They still have working guns there I think, albeit for ceremonial purposes. 😁

47 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'll have you know I started following Arsenal when George Graham was manager!

My first football kit was an Arsenal kit and not a Boro kit though, I'm slightly ashamed to admit.

Had a Boro season ticket for well over a decade though, starting at Ayresome Park and then at the Riverside.

Just the 6 major trophies under him.

A brave choice.

1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Fair point. I also think that you are influenced by the people around you or your surroundings. My late wife was an Arsenal fan so I look out for their results…My old Dad was a Bristol Rovers fan so I watch out for their results too. I now live in Brighton and watch them occasionally so I guess they would qualify as a second team. There are loads of reasons to be interested in other teams, especially if you’ve moved around a lot. 

I think there's a big difference between keeping an eye out for a result and actively supporting another club. I've only got so much emotional capacity to invest and that's all in on the Boro. England don't really get much of that either to be honest.

• Like 4