• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

On 5/11/2022 at 9:59 PM, Humpty said:

I don’t get having “second” teams at all.

Imagine this:

My grandparents moved from Liverpool to Boro with their first child. My gran missed going to the Pool games so started watching the Boro games even though she was still a Liverpool fan. Middlesbrough were her 'second' team as she remained a Liverpool fan first - even though she went to Boro games for decades.

Liverpool actually were the first team I cheered for, watching the European games on the telly with gran, but after going to a few Boro games I switched allegiance, but still always cheer for Liverpool unless they are playing Boro. Hence Liverpool are my second team.

• Like 1
On 5/12/2022 at 8:30 PM, TeaCider24 said:

My Dad was of the same view as Bruce's.

Hated football as "they're all fannies" and only liked rugby.

They don't help themselves by rolling around like they are getting violated by a tiger everytime they are touched.

Often think a rule should be to try and stay on your feet at all times and let the refs ref.

laying on the floor pretending to be injured, trying to convince everyone how harmed you were by the slightest touch  is so embarrassing if you compare to rugby.

Watched a yt vid recently of Souness's best tackles. It's like a different game entirely back then. Wouldn't want to go back there, but definitely all the flouncing is a scourge imo

• Like 1

I probably haven’t posted on here in a good 10 years but lurk regularly, tonight was at a bus stop in south london with A guy who turned out to be Nicky Bailey. I was probably about 12 when he played for the boro and he was absolutely delighted that a boro fan recognised him. Had a good conversation about him and boro back in the day under Mowbray.. 

• Like 7
4 hours ago, -Tim@london- said:

I probably haven’t posted on here in a good 10 years but lurk regularly, tonight was at a bus stop in south london with A guy who turned out to be Nicky Bailey. I was probably about 12 when he played for the boro and he was absolutely delighted that a boro fan recognised him. Had a good conversation about him and boro back in the day under Mowbray.. 

Delighted to hear from you again Tim, yes been a while.

Nicky Bailey good contributor to the forum always passed on VictorBoro's fag packet team predictions, seldom wrong.

Though in fairness may have been his wife.

Any juicy info😉

Think Bailey finished his real footballing days at Barnet? 

7 hours ago, Donnyboro said:

According to Alan Nixon we’re getting £3m in compo from Mel Morris to be paid on the sale of the ground

That'll be a welcome boost to the coffers.

Just need him to actually sell it first.

• Like 1
On 5/15/2022 at 7:58 AM, TeaCider24 said:

That'll be a welcome boost to the coffers.

Just need him to actually sell it first.

I have a sneaking suspicion that he will 'donate' the ground or something similar just to avoid having to pay the £3m