oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

I get the impression that with Tav a few people set their stall out early and decided he wasn't good enough. They're then far too stubborn to admit they got it wrong.

It is absolutely 100% this. That or they just don't understand football.

• Like 4
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Will said:

It is absolutely 100% this. That or they just don't understand football.

Well they were wrong in the first place, his form may have a dipped a little at times, but he's never ever been a bad player at any point in his career. 

• Like 3

With regards to Tav I think he was largely ineffectual when played out wide or further up the pitch. His final ball and decision making has been terrible at times. 

I don’t think he should have ever been playing that far up. He was never a bad player but playing their didn’t suit his strengths. 

In CM I think he has his best position. His reading of the game in covering and the work he puts in is tremendous. Still needs to do work in the final third but you can see season in season there are improvements.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Bearing in mind that with the season starting on 30th July and likely a Friday match the night before. When is pre-season likely to start.

They're normally at it for about a month I think? So I'd imagine late June. 

Have any pre season fixtures been announced? I haven't seen anything.

Looking at Wilders pre seasons with Sheff UTD, they never appeared to go away to any kind of training camp or anything. A couple of away fixtures here or there but most games seemed to be in Sheffield.

In their promotion season, their opponent’s were an eclectic mix. Stocksbridge Park Steels, Maritimo, Bradford, Mansfield, INTER MILAN and Doncaster. 😳

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
3 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Looking at Wilders pre seasons with Sheff UTD, they never appeared to go away to any kind of training camp or anything. A couple of away fixtures here or there but most games seemed to be in Sheffield.

In their promotion season, their opponent’s were an eclectic mix. Stocksbridge Park Steels, Maritimo, Bradford, Mansfield, INTER MILAN and Doncaster. 😳

Hope we get an exciting home friendly. Been a bit boring the last few years since PSG (and the lightning storm v Sunderland)

45 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Bearing in mind that with the season starting on 30th July and likely a Friday match the night before. When is pre-season likely to start.

23rd of June.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

They went to Scotland in 2020, when they were limited because of Covid.

They went away to Portugal in 2019 and 2018, Spain in 2017 and 2016. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

They're normally at it for about a month I think? So I'd imagine late June. 

Have any pre season fixtures been announced? I haven't seen anything.

There’s a short tour abroad planned. I can’t remember where.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

MFC - Watch every Championship goal under Chris Wilder

It's interesting that they've just completed excluded the goals scored under Warnock this season.

Wouldn't call it interesting personally (i.e. not sure what there is to draw from it), think it just reinforces the club are happy they moved on from him. I can't remember the last time they did a season long goals montage so I could be wrong but it feels like this alone is a little out of the ordinary and perhaps only put together because Wilder is at the helm.

I think the club is just continuing to want to push Wilder and positivity around him, that's how they approached the Season Card campaign too. It's not necessarily wanting to reflect on the season just gone as a whole but more to give an idea of what's to come.

On 5/22/2022 at 7:47 PM, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

It would be nice if we got a high profile team for a home friendly. Imagine getting a team like Inter although we will probably settle for Hansa Rostock and avenge the match fixed pre season game a fair few years ago.

Maybe SmogDane and BoroDane can pull some strings and get Copenhagen or Brondby over here? 😉

• Like 1