• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Is this upcoming season the last one they will be allowed?

Depends on when the legislation goes through - the initial aim was to have them off shirts by the 23/24 season, yes.

Also, might not even apply to us anyway if this sentence in that article is correct:

It therefore appears likely that the government will exempt Championship clubs from any ban, at least in the short term – and it may introduce a phasing out policy for all non-Premier League teams.

47 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Depends on when the legislation goes through - the initial aim was to have them off shirts by the 23/24 season, yes.

Also, might not even apply to us anyway if this sentence in that article is correct:

Cheers I had a recollection of an announcement but wasn’t sure if it had gone through or not.

• Like 1

I'm quite happy to have Downing as our manager at some point in the future IF (and only if...) he has already proved himself in management at the same level.  I don't want a repeat of Woodgate (brought in as cheap option without experience and only because of his connection to the club).  It wasn't good for Woodgate or for us.

10 hours ago, White Band said:

I'm quite happy to have Downing as our manager at some point in the future IF (and only if...) he has already proved himself in management at the same level.  I don't want a repeat of Woodgate (brought in as cheap option without experience and only because of his connection to the club).  It wasn't good for Woodgate or for us.

I thought it said it all that he wasn't part of woodgates setup, was like oh you want you own go don't ya or you would be there I reckon lol

Per DM today. 

'I'm just going to enjoy this moment and live in the present,' said 21-year-old Spence, when asked where he expected to be next season.

A bit different from some of the other reports about him  saying he wanted to stay at Forest. 

1 hour ago, ScarBoro said:

Per DM today. 

'I'm just going to enjoy this moment and live in the present,' said 21-year-old Spence, when asked where he expected to be next season.

A bit different from some of the other reports about him  saying he wanted to stay at Forest. 

Don't care who he goes to as long as it's for the highest fee available.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

He never did, unless it was a brief cameo in a cup match before we released him.

Clickbait headline to call him a Premier League footballer.

For those of you that have access to BT Sport..  Classic Match of the Day is showing Middlesbrough at 6am tomorrow morning.  Goalfest with Spike, Skippy (the original, not to be confused with "Smiley" McGree), Bosco and of course Owen Goal..  Usually MOTD games were goalless or defeats so this was a shock for everybody 🙂  

On 5/31/2022 at 11:07 AM, ScarBoro said:

Per DM today. 

He has been said that he will hopefully be at forest next season also, there were more than speculation reports

he just keeping his options open, be kinda rude for him to just shut off forest all together when there is always the possibility that others drop out and thats his last chance of premiership football next season. More leverage he retains the best deal he will get for himself and also the club 

27 minutes ago, Rob said:

He has been said that he will hopefully be at forest next season also, there were more than speculation reports

he just keeping his options open, be kinda rude for him to just shut off forest all together when there is always the possibility that others drop out and thats his last chance of premiership football next season. More leverage he retains the best deal he will get for himself and also the club 

Not suggesting he should have shut Forest off. Point is all the earlier quotes had him saying he really wanted to stay at Forest. This last one doesn’t mention Forest. Seemed more like an answer that wasn’t an answer, just like politicians give. I suspect in the euphoria of promotion he was really wanting to stay with Forest, now he is coming back to earth and thinking more about what is best for him. I guess it must be difficult for him. There is an obvious pull to Forest and his current teammates, against the lure of London where he comes from and potentially a Club like Spurs. Then there’s an almost guaranteed starting position at Forest against much more competition at a bigger club.

1 hour ago, ScarBoro said:

Not suggesting he should have shut Forest off. Point is all the earlier quotes had him saying he really wanted to stay at Forest. This last one doesn’t mention Forest. Seemed more like an answer that wasn’t an answer, just like politicians give. I suspect in the euphoria of promotion he was really wanting to stay with Forest, now he is coming back to earth and thinking more about what is best for him. I guess it must be difficult for him. There is an obvious pull to Forest and his current teammates, against the lure of London where he comes from and potentially a Club like Spurs. Then there’s an almost guaranteed starting position at Forest against much more competition at a bigger club.

I don't think was any euphoria of promotion that lead him to say that, I think it was more statements that you say for the fans benefit more than anything, he did after all only say he would hopefully be playing there next season - which is another non committal answer - but then also has the fact its not 100% under his control where he goes. But he could hardly turn them down while that cigar was still in his mouth, he would leave many a fan bitter and if wants to go elsewhere then it would help erode his leverage (would probs give his agent a fit lol) and like I said I think they are his plan b.

After his previous comments and now talks are on going and he seeing what its going to be like going to each club, his agent has probs told him what he can and can't say - so he dont give up his leverage or *** any clubs off he talking to 

I've thought all along he seems the type to just go for the best place he can land, and forest was probs great to play for at the top end of the championship but how fun will they be next season, he could end up exposed badly in a relegation fight and as long as a team like spurs promises him the opportunity he believes his own hype so probably does not factor in that he wouldn't get played after had his chance. Think he always fancied spurs just wasn't going to be rude and ruin his plan b just in case