• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

On 8/6/2022 at 9:13 PM, TeaCider24 said:

Typical 😂

probs will do better when he dont have to play with ball at his feet lol, the best is yet to come from him at reading I reckon lol

12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

A lot of this will be down to the addition of Giles. What a player he could be for us if we can get a couple of dangerous strikers in the box. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

A lot of this will be down to the addition of Giles. What a player he could be for us if we can get a couple of dangerous strikers in the box. 

And when we actually make use of him, too. The thing I noticed after we made the Smith for Forss change is we rarely actually found the lad. From people who were there it didn't sound like he was tightly marked at all times and really, the last big chances we had were from crosses from his side. The Crooks and Akpom strike partnership was surely there for the sake of getting crosses into the box and for some reason we just stopped utilising our biggest threat on that front.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

And when we actually make use of him, too. The thing I noticed after we made the Smith for Forss change is we rarely actually found the lad. From people who were there it didn't sound like he was tightly marked at all times and really, the last big chances we had were from crosses from his side. The Crooks and Akpom strike partnership was surely there for the sake of getting crosses into the box and for some reason we just stopped utilising our biggest threat on that front.

Yep QPR left him wide open all the time basically and once Smith came on it just killed all our impetus and Giles barely touched the ball after I don't think!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

For me xG is kind of like possession.

You can dominate possession and still lose a game...just like you can have a high xG and still lose.

I'd rather we just actually won games. 🤷‍♂️ Would be interesting to see what QPR's xG was, for comparison.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

For me xG is kind of like possession.

You can dominate possession and still lose a game...just like you can have a high xG and still lose.

I'd rather we just actually won games. 🤷‍♂️ Would be interesting to see what QPR's xG was, for comparison.

That's open play xG across both games btw, not just vs QPR. 

infogol has our xg at 2.07 and QPR at 1.51 for the game.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

do we know what our Xg against is?

infogol has our xg for at 3.8 & xg against at 3.0

Tied 5th in the Champ for worst xGA

Second best for xGF behind only WBA