• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Brunners said:

I mean to be fair Howson got absolutely merked by Hernandez and that IS pretty representative of a lot of his play this year 😂

Time for the mods to prove there is no favouritism and give Brunners a deserved warning point for saying that 👎

• Like 2

Is obtuse the new insult of choice on oneBoro by the way?  It seems to have become popular over the last few days.  It's just a polite or grown up way of calling someone a stupid dumb dumb head 🤷‍♂️

I don't want to single out anyone for this, but Brunners is definitely to blame.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Is obtuse the new insult of choice on oneBoro by the way?  It seems to have become popular over the last few days.  It's just a polite or grown up way of calling someone a stupid dumb dumb head 🤷‍♂️

I don't want to single out anyone for this, but Brunners is definitely to blame.

More important question, is saying someone is being obtuse really an insult?

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I like to use it in the context of saying someone is being "deliberately obtuse" like they know they're saying stupid things on purpose to get a reaction.

Either way it's better than doyle

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's alright babes, I think you're more acute anyhow ❤️

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry if this has been mentioned but just read on Gazette that Paddy was booked last night which means he misses Wednesdays game.

Good news for as means he plays on Sunday in a friendly and can then head home with 6 days rest. Or at worst remain with NI until Wednesday but still have benefit of an extended rest.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I like to use it in the context of saying someone is being "deliberately obtuse" like they know they're saying stupid things on purpose to get a reaction.

Either way it's better than doyle

Is it though?  Doyle has an earthy honesty to it, there's no pretence.  You know what you're getting with a doyle.  Obtuse is like a sneaky way of insulting someone, and if they really are obtuse then they wouldn't even understand what you're saying.  It seems underhand to me.

You didn't use deliberately earlier.  You just used obtuse.  I'm pretty sure that you were straight up calling Humpty a stupid dumb dumb head 🤔