oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

2 hours ago, Rat catcher said:

I see the top six led by Spurs tried to get the Newcastle deal stopped. They are furious with EPL for allowing it to go through. If anyone is naïve enough to think these top six acted out of moral, ethical or human rights reasons they are seriously deluded. They acted out of fear that their financial clout has been matched or blown away by Saudi money. 

It’s even more head shakingly ridiculous that City is part of opposing it. 

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

It's my birthday today, meant to be my 30th but I've refused to allow that in current circumstances of not being able to celebrate it. I usually get my age on the back of one of my shirts so I re

I can't imagine that game getting approved by Hasbro...

Posted Images

I can just picture Journalists reporting from St. James Park in the not so distant future.

Jeff Stelling: "And we break off from Paul Merson for a minute for an update from Chris Kamara at Newcastle were there has been another goal I believe, Kammy have Newcastle pulled one back?"

Kammy: "I'm afraid not Jeff they have been desperately unlucky to have just gone seven goals behind to City with 20 minutes gone. They have been absolutely brilliant, playing spectacular football and obviously by far the better side despite the scoreline and.......... ohh hang on a minute City have just added an eighth but despite that the black and white shirts are absolutely fantastic and you can't help but admire their silky skills, passing movements and......... ohh hang on another minute City have incredibly added a ninth after an own goal that was very unlucky and totally against the run of play where Newcastle have totally dominated. Back to you in the studio Jeff from a rainy Newcastle where the Home side have been absolutely brilliant despite the scoreline."

What's next I wonder, Referee's and their Assistants nervous to give controversial decisions?

Hoping one of Fry or Hall is for for Saturday along with Onel. Then hopefully we can put out a fairly competitive 11 with a half decent bench.

Saliki played the full 2nd half game for Cameroon. Was hoping he would start and get an hour under his belt but I guess full 45mins is not that bad.

I can see him starting on Saturday with Howson maybe as a RWB.

12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Another thread that shows why NW is the problem at Middlesbrough.

Excellent read, I sometimes wish these analysis' would focus more on his entire time as manager rather than just this season though- it kind of gives the impression that the problem is new and that as a result, Warnock could turn it around. The truth is, we've played the exact same poor football since the day he walked in and other teams have been wise to it since about the 7th game of last season. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Another thread that shows why NW is the problem at Middlesbrough.

Great find that is, excellent read.  It is worrying that a non professional makes some really interesting posts but NW fails to see what the problems are or won’t change the setup.

I really hope Payero is back soon!

• Like 1

The vast majority of those points have been covered on this board or fmttm. I note the Jonny Howson one has flown under the radar somewhat mind, particularly hiding from the ball. Might keep an eye on that one in the future.

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

The vast majority of those points have been covered on this board or fmttm. I note the Jonny Howson one has flown under the radar somewhat mind, particularly hiding from the ball. Might keep an eye on that one in the future.

Yeah I think the difference is that this is a neutral viewer giving these assessments without an agenda. Lets face it, we are all too close to it and emotionally invested to give a fully neutral view. 

• Like 2