'Other Boro stuff'

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£

I can't imagine that game getting approved by Hasbro...

It's my birthday today, meant to be my 30th but I've refused to allow that in current circumstances of not being able to celebrate it. I usually get my age on the back of one of my shirts so I re

Posted Images

A drive along the coast from Saltburn to Whitby reveals some great spots that are undervalued Skinningrove, Staithes, Runswick bay, Sandsend and just beyond Robinhoods bay. 
Now go inland over the moors and there are numerous villages to delight the eye. 
We live in a area very much under appreciated. 

STAITHES… 

image.thumb.jpeg.4b9779a5a3957a4e1334aa78624e2b92.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

How's kavanagh coming along this season? A lot of hype last year but things seem to have gone quiet? Very invested in him teaching his potential!

Just coming back from an injury. Scored the pen in the first half. Only played 45 mins as they're being careful as he comes back. 

Sadly, the game turned in the second half. Malley got a silly second yellow and west brom took full advantage. Won 2-1.

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

Whitby is awesome! 

Been there twice. 

Someone on here  recommended me to visit Mr. Chips ... Was worth it

Why do fish and chips taste better at the seaside? 
With more then 90% of cod imported people still get the impression the fish they eat at the seaside are caught local. 
Why is Cod getter smaller in size.
With the majority of cod left being juvenile and not breeders, Cod is running out and it’s rumoured by 2025 will be substituted with warm water species. 
Thats rumoured to last until 2048, then the seas will be depleted of all seafood. 
Enjoy… 

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

With more then 90% of cod imported people still get the impression the fish they eat at the seaside are caught local. 
With the majority of cod left being juvenile and not breeders, Cod is running out and it’s rumoured by 2025 will be substituted with warm water species. 
Thats rumoured to last until 2048, then the seas will be depleted of all seafood. 
Enjoy… 

Even in somewhere like Grimsby the fish you get isn’t from Grimsby. 

2 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Enjoy… 

Actually you'll find that most of the chippies in Whitby serve freshly caught fish from Whitby and it usually won't be Cod. The aforementioned Mister Chips/Sara's Mister Chips actually has a board inside the restaurant section telling you what fish is available and even what time and which boat caught it. They serve Cod, Haddock, Plaice, Panga, Haka, Halibut and Lemon Sole.

They also do gluten free batter which is just ūüĎĆūüĎĆūüĎĆ

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Teams for the u23 fixture v WBA this afternoon. Zohore playing for the opposition.

20211017_122233.jpg

So any of those players could have been sat on our bench yesterday but instead we only named six subs, including the non-league player who hasn't looked ready for this level, who gets in for no other reason than Warnock signed him.  No wonder they called themselves Warnock's rejects.   It must be utterly deflating to play for this club unless you're one of the favoured ones.  One of the least professionally run football clubs in the country.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Actually you'll find that most of the chippies in Whitby serve freshly caught fish from Whitby and it usually won't be Cod. The aforementioned Mister Chips/Sara's Mister Chips actually has a board inside the restaurant section telling you what fish is available and even what time and which boat caught it. They serve Cod, Haddock, Plaice, Panga, Haka, Halibut and Lemon Sole.

They also do gluten free batter which is just ūüĎĆūüĎĆūüĎĆ

It‚Äôs good to know some are supporting local boats but surprised they¬†are still operating. I have hired and fished a few times but as each year passed the chance of catching depreciated and spending 10 hours in deep water, rough seas and cold without a bite is soul destroying. All the gear and no idea. Typically a¬†captain would reply ‚Äúyesterday was a really good day‚ÄĚ problem was we never managed to find the boat yesterday ūüėĀ Still it made for some good memorable¬†days out.

Having witnessed first hand catch’s getting smaller and fleets disappearing, be Redcar or Whitby it’s obvious fishing over the past 20 to 30 years was unsustainable. When reading articles on fishing and experts warnings about fish stocks it’s utterly shocking it’s not highlighted in the media as critical, the point of no return. 

I won’t see 2048 which I believe is when fish stocks are predicted to be depleted but with plastic pollution, deforestation, animal species and energy crises in mortal decline it highlights the world irreversible demise. 

14 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

It‚Äôs good to know some are supporting local boats but surprised they¬†are still operating. I have hired and fished a few times but as each year passed the chance of catching depreciated and spending 10 hours in deep water, rough seas and cold without a bite is soul destroying. All the gear and no idea. Typically a¬†captain would reply ‚Äúyesterday was a really good day‚ÄĚ problem was we never managed to find the boat yesterday ūüėĀ Still it made for some good memorable¬†days out.

Having witnessed first hand catch’s getting smaller and fleets disappearing, be Redcar or Whitby it’s obvious fishing over the past 20 to 30 years was unsustainable. When reading articles on fishing and experts warnings about fish stocks it’s utterly shocking it’s not highlighted in the media as critical, the point of no return. 

I won’t see 2048 which I believe is when fish stocks are predicted to be depleted but with plastic pollution, deforestation, animal species and energy crises in mortal decline it highlights the world irreversible demise. 

Well I think thay are doing something about it, but whether it's too late remains to be seen. The cod quotas in the baltic sea have been cut by some 86% for the coming period and that will most likely put a lot of fishermen out of jobs. If the EU reckons it's needed in the North Sea then they'll probably push for that too, although I don't know what Brexit is going to mean in that matter.