Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I'm interested to see how our results and performances are like without Sporar. I was happy with how we played against West Brom first half with watmore and coburn. I wonder if Browne is fit enough to play a part after the international break I really rate him and hope he can stay fit for the rest of the season.

If Wilder goes 3.5.2 Browne has a real challenge on his hand in finding a spot within that formation.
 

There are certain players who do not fit in to what Wilder does and Browne is one of them. Onel Hernandez screams out as another. And Sammy Ameobi is now at risk of having an unwanted achievement in leaving this club without ever playing a single second for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is emotional blackmail and the situation has been clearly fabricated, if you look at the handwriting its obvious that Wayne Rooney wrote that letter. 

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

It's my birthday today, meant to be my 30th but I've refused to allow that in current circumstances of not being able to celebrate it. I usually get my age on the back of one of my shirts so I re

Posted Images

Just now, TLF10 said:

If Wilder goes 3.5.2 Browne has a real challenge on his hand in finding a spot within that formation.
 

There are certain players who do not fit in to what Wilder does and Browne is one of them. Onel Hernandez screams out as another. And Sammy Ameobi is now at risk of having an unwanted achievement in leaving this club without ever playing a single second for us.

Browne can play upfront and in a 10 role. For me he can still be a useful player to us even if we don't play with wingers. I do agree tho that's its possible we may see the end of ameobi Jones and Hernandez and maybe browne if he doesn't fancy him as a forward if he goes 532 with no desire to change from that formation. Personally I think we have the potential to mix it up a bit with the players we have and I hope he doesn't just go with wingbacks. Been waiting forever for some decent players on either flank it seems I want to see what they can do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would he go with wing backs when we don't have any in the squad? The full backs in our team have been all over the place since the end of the Friend/Nsue days. We either have good defensive but shocking offensive players (Dijksteel) or good offensive but poor defensive players (Bola) or just poor at both ends of the pitch players (Spence).

Unless he decides to convert some of our wingers into wing backs, he won't be playing them. Fully expect some form of 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 for our first game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Why would he go with wing backs when we don't have any in the squad? The full backs in our team have been all over the place since the end of the Friend/Nsue days. We either have good defensive but shocking offensive players (Dijksteel) or good offensive but poor defensive players (Bola) or just poor at both ends of the pitch players (Spence).

Unless he decides to convert some of our wingers into wing backs, he won't be playing them. Fully expect some form of 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 for our first game.

He won't go with wingbacks at first but he may do in January. I completely disagree about spence he's been one of the best wingbacks in the league playing under a competent manager but I know there's fans at our club who have it in their heads he's *** and that's that now no matter what he does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

He won't go with wingbacks at first but he may do in January. I completely disagree about spence he's been one of the best wingbacks in the league playing under a competent manager but I know there's fans at our club who have it in their heads he's *** and that's that now no matter what he does.

I'm happy to accept Spence might be improving at Forest, but I haven't seen him play, so I can only go on what I know of when he was here, when he looked like a raffle ticket winner. Even if he is getting better, pretty sure the loan contract is until the end of the season, and you can't usually cancel them unless it is mutual.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

I'm happy to accept Spence might be improving at Forest, but I haven't seen him play, so I can only go on what I know of when he was here, when he looked like a raffle ticket winner. Even if he is getting better, pretty sure the loan contract is until the end of the season, and you can't usually cancel them unless it is mutual.

From everything I've read it appears hes got a cancellation clause meaning we can recall him in January and I fully expect us to do that and I also expect under a manager like wilder that he should continue his good form for us.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

I'm happy to accept Spence might be improving at Forest, but I haven't seen him play, so I can only go on what I know of when he was here, when he looked like a raffle ticket winner. Even if he is getting better, pretty sure the loan contract is until the end of the season, and you can't usually cancel them unless it is mutual.

Press seem to believe he has a recall clause.

Also lets not forget he was one of our better players during a lot of the Woodgate year too, it was only toward the end of that and into NW that he lost all confidence.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Press seem to believe he has a recall clause.

Also lets not forget he was one of our better players during a lot of the Woodgate year too, it was only toward the end of that and into NW that he lost all confidence.

In fairness, I could have looked like our best player under NW at times. We were dreadful. It's easy to get caught up in the idea that whoever isn't currently here is the answer to our problems, and I know Forest fans like him, but it's worth remembering the dross they've been through as well, so by comparison he probably does look alright.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

In fairness, I could have looked like our best player under NW at times. We were dreadful. It's easy to get caught up in the idea that whoever isn't currently here is the answer to our problems, and I know Forest fans like him, but it's worth remembering the dross they've been through as well, so by comparison he probably does look alright.

Its more probably that they have won pretty much every game under their new manager and shot up the league with spence being one of their best players and certainly performing to a higher level than anyone we have been playing on the right. Your correct about warnock which is why he wasn't getting the best out of our young players such as spence. The lad is only 21 and has already shown he can be one of the best wingbacks in the league with us under woody and forest now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here Spence looked totally lost at times during games and even a liability through not tracking back quickly enough and leaving Players unmarked. That latter part may have been down to Warnock's man marking disaster meaning he was dragged all over and like as not deliberately out of position by astute opposing managers. Whatever the reasons, manager, tactics etc.  he certainly didn't show enough of anything consistently enough, indeed he seemingly displayed a lackadaisical attitude at times.

Defensively we have been very poor all season so our problems were not down to Spence. His performances at Forest would indicate that with the right Manager and the right tactics he can excel at this level. Offensively he wasn't particularly effective here either just like our porous defence so it certainly can't all be laid at his door. 

Fair play to the lad, he has proved his doubters wrong. It's certainly tempting to recall him but only if he is going to be used and is a genuine part of Wilders plans otherwise it's best to leave him where his value is increasing week on week.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Here Spence looked totally lost at times during games and even a liability through not tracking back quickly enough and leaving Players unmarked. That latter part may have been down to Warnock's man marking disaster meaning he was dragged all over and like as not deliberately out of position by astute opposing managers. Whatever the reasons, manager, tactics etc.  he certainly didn't show enough of anything consistently enough, indeed he seemingly displayed a lackadaisical attitude at times.

Defensively we have been very poor all season so our problems were not down to Spence. His performances at Forest would indicate that with the right Manager and the right tactics he can excel at this level. Offensively he wasn't particularly effective here either just like our porous defence so it certainly can't all be laid at his door. 

Fair play to the lad, he has proved his doubters wrong. It's certainly tempting to recall him but only if he is going to be used and is a genuine part of Wilders plans otherwise it's best to leave him where his value is increasing week on week.

To be honest I'd prefer him in RB or RWB to diksteel at the moment who I think is struggling for form. He looks to me like he's lost a bit of pace whether it's just down to his fitness or he was carrying a knock before he broke down or if its all the injuries taking their toll time will tell. Spence would have pretty much played every game if he had stayed but yeh in a way it was better for him to get away from warnock and find some form again and regain confidence. I hope we can now benefit from it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Here Spence looked totally lost at times during games and even a liability through not tracking back quickly enough and leaving Players unmarked. That latter part may have been down to Warnock's man marking disaster meaning he was dragged all over and like as not deliberately out of position by astute opposing managers. Whatever the reasons, manager, tactics etc.  he certainly didn't show enough of anything consistently enough, indeed he seemingly displayed a lackadaisical attitude at times.

Defensively we have been very poor all season so our problems were not down to Spence. His performances at Forest would indicate that with the right Manager and the right tactics he can excel at this level. Offensively he wasn't particularly effective here either just like our porous defence so it certainly can't all be laid at his door. 

Fair play to the lad, he has proved his doubters wrong. It's certainly tempting to recall him but only if he is going to be used and is a genuine part of Wilders plans otherwise it's best to leave him where his value is increasing week on week.

Most of that is down to Warnock playing Spence as a winger,  he looked like he was getting a nosebleed every time he was that high up the pitch.

He always looked best with a teammate ahead of him and making runs from deeper, you get awarded a lot more time and space as a fullback/wingback. He didn't seem to be very comfortable receiving the ball in tight spaces.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • Sam Johnstone was dropped for West Brom and wont play Saturday.  Highly unlikely we could get him but he would definitely be an upgrade!
    • I have another to add to the talking points will we get bad karma whilst DZ continues to use his liquidate Derby County avatar? just saying as I noticed it thi past week!
    • The Connolly discussion is a little bit unfair to the lad. It's two games and let's be fair boro have been a little of the pace even if we did get last minute winner in one of them. Give him some more minutes and games before we write off... the being said would like to see barragon start
    • Boro have pretty much always followed the guidelines as they are so if they can drop the restrictions then they probably will. I would think it would be even more likely that those restrictions get dropped after the last game where, depending on when you turned up and what turnstile you were at, you may or may not get your pass checked and mask guidelines may not have been spoken about. We spoke to the club about this at the last MSF meeting and they were saying how they'd have to reinforce the guidelines to their stewards after some varied experiences from different reps in the group. Me personally, I turned up and the lass there almost looked shocked when I lifted up my phone with the pass on to show her. Think most reps reported no issues but one of those things where it's little good having the rules to try and prevent the spread of a virus if the odd steward here and there doesn't bother. If the guidelines are changing though then that stuff probably doesn't matter. Seems doubtful they'd continue anyway, like you said.
    • Emilo Nsue  Equatorial New Guinea beat Mali in pens he played well tbf despite missing the pen in the shootout 

×
×
  • Create New...