Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

I'm interested to see how our results and performances are like without Sporar. I was happy with how we played against West Brom first half with watmore and coburn. I wonder if Browne is fit enough to play a part after the international break I really rate him and hope he can stay fit for the rest of the season.

If Wilder goes 3.5.2 Browne has a real challenge on his hand in finding a spot within that formation.
 

There are certain players who do not fit in to what Wilder does and Browne is one of them. Onel Hernandez screams out as another. And Sammy Ameobi is now at risk of having an unwanted achievement in leaving this club without ever playing a single second for us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

It's my birthday today, meant to be my 30th but I've refused to allow that in current circumstances of not being able to celebrate it. I usually get my age on the back of one of my shirts so I re

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-obvious-choice-manage-18614026.amp?__twitter_impression=true "Gibson is a hands-on owner and Bausor is a hands-on chief exe

Posted Images

Just now, TLF10 said:

If Wilder goes 3.5.2 Browne has a real challenge on his hand in finding a spot within that formation.
 

There are certain players who do not fit in to what Wilder does and Browne is one of them. Onel Hernandez screams out as another. And Sammy Ameobi is now at risk of having an unwanted achievement in leaving this club without ever playing a single second for us.

Browne can play upfront and in a 10 role. For me he can still be a useful player to us even if we don't play with wingers. I do agree tho that's its possible we may see the end of ameobi Jones and Hernandez and maybe browne if he doesn't fancy him as a forward if he goes 532 with no desire to change from that formation. Personally I think we have the potential to mix it up a bit with the players we have and I hope he doesn't just go with wingbacks. Been waiting forever for some decent players on either flank it seems I want to see what they can do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would he go with wing backs when we don't have any in the squad? The full backs in our team have been all over the place since the end of the Friend/Nsue days. We either have good defensive but shocking offensive players (Dijksteel) or good offensive but poor defensive players (Bola) or just poor at both ends of the pitch players (Spence).

Unless he decides to convert some of our wingers into wing backs, he won't be playing them. Fully expect some form of 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 for our first game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Why would he go with wing backs when we don't have any in the squad? The full backs in our team have been all over the place since the end of the Friend/Nsue days. We either have good defensive but shocking offensive players (Dijksteel) or good offensive but poor defensive players (Bola) or just poor at both ends of the pitch players (Spence).

Unless he decides to convert some of our wingers into wing backs, he won't be playing them. Fully expect some form of 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 for our first game.

He won't go with wingbacks at first but he may do in January. I completely disagree about spence he's been one of the best wingbacks in the league playing under a competent manager but I know there's fans at our club who have it in their heads he's *** and that's that now no matter what he does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

He won't go with wingbacks at first but he may do in January. I completely disagree about spence he's been one of the best wingbacks in the league playing under a competent manager but I know there's fans at our club who have it in their heads he's *** and that's that now no matter what he does.

I'm happy to accept Spence might be improving at Forest, but I haven't seen him play, so I can only go on what I know of when he was here, when he looked like a raffle ticket winner. Even if he is getting better, pretty sure the loan contract is until the end of the season, and you can't usually cancel them unless it is mutual.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

I'm happy to accept Spence might be improving at Forest, but I haven't seen him play, so I can only go on what I know of when he was here, when he looked like a raffle ticket winner. Even if he is getting better, pretty sure the loan contract is until the end of the season, and you can't usually cancel them unless it is mutual.

From everything I've read it appears hes got a cancellation clause meaning we can recall him in January and I fully expect us to do that and I also expect under a manager like wilder that he should continue his good form for us.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

I'm happy to accept Spence might be improving at Forest, but I haven't seen him play, so I can only go on what I know of when he was here, when he looked like a raffle ticket winner. Even if he is getting better, pretty sure the loan contract is until the end of the season, and you can't usually cancel them unless it is mutual.

Press seem to believe he has a recall clause.

Also lets not forget he was one of our better players during a lot of the Woodgate year too, it was only toward the end of that and into NW that he lost all confidence.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Press seem to believe he has a recall clause.

Also lets not forget he was one of our better players during a lot of the Woodgate year too, it was only toward the end of that and into NW that he lost all confidence.

In fairness, I could have looked like our best player under NW at times. We were dreadful. It's easy to get caught up in the idea that whoever isn't currently here is the answer to our problems, and I know Forest fans like him, but it's worth remembering the dross they've been through as well, so by comparison he probably does look alright.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

In fairness, I could have looked like our best player under NW at times. We were dreadful. It's easy to get caught up in the idea that whoever isn't currently here is the answer to our problems, and I know Forest fans like him, but it's worth remembering the dross they've been through as well, so by comparison he probably does look alright.

Its more probably that they have won pretty much every game under their new manager and shot up the league with spence being one of their best players and certainly performing to a higher level than anyone we have been playing on the right. Your correct about warnock which is why he wasn't getting the best out of our young players such as spence. The lad is only 21 and has already shown he can be one of the best wingbacks in the league with us under woody and forest now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here Spence looked totally lost at times during games and even a liability through not tracking back quickly enough and leaving Players unmarked. That latter part may have been down to Warnock's man marking disaster meaning he was dragged all over and like as not deliberately out of position by astute opposing managers. Whatever the reasons, manager, tactics etc.  he certainly didn't show enough of anything consistently enough, indeed he seemingly displayed a lackadaisical attitude at times.

Defensively we have been very poor all season so our problems were not down to Spence. His performances at Forest would indicate that with the right Manager and the right tactics he can excel at this level. Offensively he wasn't particularly effective here either just like our porous defence so it certainly can't all be laid at his door. 

Fair play to the lad, he has proved his doubters wrong. It's certainly tempting to recall him but only if he is going to be used and is a genuine part of Wilders plans otherwise it's best to leave him where his value is increasing week on week.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Here Spence looked totally lost at times during games and even a liability through not tracking back quickly enough and leaving Players unmarked. That latter part may have been down to Warnock's man marking disaster meaning he was dragged all over and like as not deliberately out of position by astute opposing managers. Whatever the reasons, manager, tactics etc.  he certainly didn't show enough of anything consistently enough, indeed he seemingly displayed a lackadaisical attitude at times.

Defensively we have been very poor all season so our problems were not down to Spence. His performances at Forest would indicate that with the right Manager and the right tactics he can excel at this level. Offensively he wasn't particularly effective here either just like our porous defence so it certainly can't all be laid at his door. 

Fair play to the lad, he has proved his doubters wrong. It's certainly tempting to recall him but only if he is going to be used and is a genuine part of Wilders plans otherwise it's best to leave him where his value is increasing week on week.

To be honest I'd prefer him in RB or RWB to diksteel at the moment who I think is struggling for form. He looks to me like he's lost a bit of pace whether it's just down to his fitness or he was carrying a knock before he broke down or if its all the injuries taking their toll time will tell. Spence would have pretty much played every game if he had stayed but yeh in a way it was better for him to get away from warnock and find some form again and regain confidence. I hope we can now benefit from it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Here Spence looked totally lost at times during games and even a liability through not tracking back quickly enough and leaving Players unmarked. That latter part may have been down to Warnock's man marking disaster meaning he was dragged all over and like as not deliberately out of position by astute opposing managers. Whatever the reasons, manager, tactics etc.  he certainly didn't show enough of anything consistently enough, indeed he seemingly displayed a lackadaisical attitude at times.

Defensively we have been very poor all season so our problems were not down to Spence. His performances at Forest would indicate that with the right Manager and the right tactics he can excel at this level. Offensively he wasn't particularly effective here either just like our porous defence so it certainly can't all be laid at his door. 

Fair play to the lad, he has proved his doubters wrong. It's certainly tempting to recall him but only if he is going to be used and is a genuine part of Wilders plans otherwise it's best to leave him where his value is increasing week on week.

Most of that is down to Warnock playing Spence as a winger,  he looked like he was getting a nosebleed every time he was that high up the pitch.

He always looked best with a teammate ahead of him and making runs from deeper, you get awarded a lot more time and space as a fullback/wingback. He didn't seem to be very comfortable receiving the ball in tight spaces.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • I think Taylor is a decent attacking player as well. We look one sided sometimes, especially against Reading, but I don't think that is necessarily Taylor's fault. He isn't as quick as Jones, nor can he take a man on in the same way, so it's no surprise that Jones sees more of the ball. But if you look here, Taylor's average position was actually only marginally further back than Jones. Also, he was in the box for the winning goal and whenever the ball came in from the right. So I wouldn't say he was a defensive wing back, he just has a very different game (picking up the ball and moving it on quickly) rather than trying to beat his man like Jones does.  
    • It's not as black and white as that. The u23s can only develop a player to a point then he needs to play at a higher level to reach his potential which will include runs of poor form which most young players endure. Look at someone like Dominic Solanke he could have been thrown on to the scrap heap but a couple of seasons later he's now looking like a really good player for Bournemouth. Unfortunately for Tav he's been played in pretty much every position under the sun and has had to endure injuries which has stopped him from really getting into his stride. He's still one of the best young midfielders in the league even in average form and has shown at times especially last season that he can be one of the better players in the league when he hits his stride. Anybody writing him off and slagging him I really don't think they know a right lot I don't know what they expect. Probably the same types of people who slagged downing off in his first spell yet we have still never come close to having a better winger since. I'm not saying players should not be criticised but some of our fans seem to reserve it for the academy lads and not for others who are having as many average performances. Seems strange.
    • I'm not really understanding your argument, to be honest. We shot ourselves in the foot, nobody is denying that, but Derby indisputably cheated to finish above us. So Gibson has a case. The fact that Pulis led an implosion doesn't change that. This was the table at the half way point of the season, Derby were keeping pace with us long before our 6 game losing run near the end, it's not like we were out of sight and they just snuck in.
    • There was a point in time not so long ago where if Tav didnt play well or get enough touches we would definitely lose, His role now of being more of just an engine suits him better and he offers us a ton off the ball. I think frustrations for some fans are we have someone like Payero who is clearly more technically talented but we havent seen enough to know how the difference in work rate would effect our play. Could very easily see a future in which Crooks plays the deeper role and Payero comes in with Tav and everybody really rating Tav again just for the shift he puts in.
    • I've got a shitty Rise Against ankle tat from a 5am drunken tattoo shop venture in sunny beach, so I'll head down in flip flops so you can ID me.

×
×
  • Create New...