oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I imagine Steve Gibson will go on a rampage

I can't imagine that.

Gibson strikes me as more a Mafia don type. I reckon he'll put the word out that he's offering a reward to anyone who can make sure Morris has an "unfortunate accident". 

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I imagine Steve Gibson will go on a rampage

Man's about to sell the Riverside to Bulkhaul for 100m with a £1.69 buyback clause.

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Derby's beliefs aren't equal to evidence though, are they? Otherwise they'd probably not have any points deducted at this point.

There are so many factors that go into deciding individual matches of football that I'm not sure there's any sound footing for legal action in proving results would have gone differently had they not signed certain players. It's pretty much entirely hypothetical.

The Tevez and Mascherano case for West Ham provides precedent for factoring in the impact of individual players acquired by breaking the rules.

• Like 2
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Pocket money compared to what relegation would have cost them

Still the largest fine the PL have ever levied, by more than 10x. 

1 minute ago, Will said:

Still the largest fine the PL have ever levied, by more than 10x. 

Gibson would have taken the fine instead of the 3 point reduction if he had the choice

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ABH said:

Gibson would have taken the fine instead of the 3 point reduction if he had the choice

Speaking of that, it stung like hell at the time but I can't believe that there are people out there who still don't believe we deserved it.

Hell, we deserved to go down by essentially not having a defence for the first half of the season.

6 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I wonder what will happen if Mel Morris sells the stadium back to the club for the reported £20m.

6 hours ago, Humpty said:

I’m very intrigued to see what happens. It could potentially open a can of worms.

Nothing at all 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Will said:

The Tevez and Mascherano case for West Ham provides precedent for factoring in the impact of individual players acquired by breaking the rules.

Didn't West Ham get away more or less completely with that?

They were initially fined about £5.5m I think as the disciplinary committee felt it would be unfair to deduct points from them at that point in the season!  The only reason that it was that point in the season was because West Ham had deliberately delayed the process by not handing over documents and stuff.  Essentially the panel let West Ham's lack of co-operation get them off a points deduction.  Morons.  West Ham did then have to pay Sheff United £30m compensation later on but I imagine they viewed it as money well spent.

• Like 2

Speaking of that, it stung like hell at the time but I can't believe that there are people out there who still don't believe we deserved it.

Hell, we deserved to go down by essentially not having a defence for the first half of the season.

It was the biggest injustice since Blur beat Oasis in the Battle of Britpop. 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1