• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

5 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Don't a lot of "VIPs" sit in the same section of the stadium.

It could be pure coincidence.

Or Gibson just likes him as a person.

Yeah, they'll be complimentary tickets so they are in one section.  He'll have just fancied taking in a game as he's localish so it's Boro cos popping to Newcastle or Sunderland might not be ideal for him right now.

8 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Something a bit out there but in looking at Jones' performance on Saturday, got me thinking. Do we think Jones could be moulded into a forward in this team?

Not that I thought he played badly, I think he defended really well and maybe he'll do better in other games but he really struggled to get on the front foot whilst Bola was right up, pushing them back. We know from watching him that the top end of the pitch is where he's more naturally gifted and whilst if he keeps defending like he has done in the last couple of games, he'll do fine out there. Just feels like we're losing part of what makes him worth keeping around.

Thinking especially when (as you'd assume) Spence comes back, that may well be him out of the team and Spence's place to lose. Add that together with where I think you see better from Jones, could he do a similar job to Sporar or Watmore?

I can't make my mind up about it. Part of me thinks it's a non-starter, part of me thinks maybe he could.

I said as much yesterday on here, suggesting that he could do the Watmore role which doesn't mean dropping Watmore but good cover and competition for places in a hectic season.

18 hours ago, Brunners said:

His passing will need to improve - multiple times on Saturday he stopped moves by passing behind his target lol.

He should put his mask back on as he seemed to be playing better and maybe opposition players did not like to get too close to him.

IMO his form has dropped of late

Simon Jordan on his Talksport show today was saying he tried last year to get Mel Morris and Gibbo in a room to thrash out the differences but Gibbo would have none of it.

He also revealed that Gibbo is still raging about Derby and Mel Morris.

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Simon Jordan on his Talksport show today was saying he tried last year to get Mel Morris and Gibbo in a room to thrash out the differences but Gibbo would have none of it.

He also revealed that Gibbo is still raging about Derby and Mel Morris.

Will be interesting to see what Gibbo gets out of all this, if anything. At the very least I hope this sets a precedent for rules to be taken more seriously moving forward, but I won't hold my breath.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Will be interesting to see what Gibbo gets out of all this, if anything. At the very least I hope this sets a precedent for rules to be taken more seriously moving forward, but I won't hold my breath.

I really don’t know what the endgame of this is. We may walk away with a few quid and some for of moral victory but I doubt much else will change. 

The EFL will remain toothless and hopelessly behind the game only punishing those who weren’t successful at cheating.

The game needs the EFL and Prem to align so that is you go up you still get a just punishment for FFP breaches. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I really don’t know what the endgame of this is. We may walk away with a few quid and some for of moral victory but I doubt much else will change. 

The EFL will remain toothless and hopelessly behind the game only punishing those who weren’t successful at cheating.

The game needs the EFL and Prem to align so that is you go up you still get a just punishment for FFP breaches. 

and ideally something needs to happen so that Champ teams don't need to spend themselves into admin just to remain competitive...

11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

and ideally something needs to happen so that Champ teams don't need to spend themselves into admin just to remain competitive...

Get rid of promotion and relegation to/from the Premier League, and that will sort it out.