oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Seems like the right decision, it was a disastrous loan move for him.

Didn't play, didn't develop and missed out on the opportunity to play here when injuries hit badly.

At least there's plenty of time to reintegrate him in to the squad and assess.

I presume he can also play for the U23s until January.

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

I can't imagine that game getting approved by Hasbro...

It's my birthday today, meant to be my 30th but I've refused to allow that in current circumstances of not being able to celebrate it. I usually get my age on the back of one of my shirts so I re

Posted Images

Maddo was raving about that loan move at the start of the season. Obviously nobody knew just how few chances he’d get but we shouldn’t be letting agents determine where a player goes for development surely. 

1 minute ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Can he play for the u23s? Maybe it's a good way for Wilder to get a closer look at him early. Then he knows whether he needs to get another CB or not. 

Stephen Walker came back from his loan to play a few games for the U23s recently, doesn't seem to be getting a game at Tranmere, and he's still on loan there, so I presume it's possible.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Skinemrippers said:

Maddo was raving about that loan move at the start of the season. Obviously nobody knew just how few chances he’d get but we shouldn’t be letting agents determine where a player goes for development surely. 

Quite a few clubs have started to employ people to look after loanees. They are responsible for placing them with a club and keeping in touch with the player and new club.

I think we should look to do something similar. Loaning players out has become a huge part of player development.

• Like 1

Sol Bryan continues to impress in Scotland. From a report of the Queen of the South match:-

Jamie Masson, a second-half substitute for Cove, tested Brynn from range with just five minutes left in search for an equaliser.

On 89 minutes the same man curled a wicked effort towards goal that Sol Brynn parried away in what was genuinely one of the finest saves Ive ever saw a Queens keeper make.

The Middlesborough loanee continues to make extraordinary saves on a weekly basis for the South and long may it continue.

I know their expectations at their level may be lower, but it does look very positive for both him and Hemings

• Like 4
2 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

Sol Bryan continues to impress in Scotland. From a report of the Queen of the South match:-

Jamie Masson, a second-half substitute for Cove, tested Brynn from range with just five minutes left in search for an equaliser.

On 89 minutes the same man curled a wicked effort towards goal that Sol Brynn parried away in what was genuinely one of the finest saves Ive ever saw a Queens keeper make.

The Middlesborough loanee continues to make extraordinary saves on a weekly basis for the South and long may it continue.

I know their expectations at their level may be lower, but it does look very positive for both him and Hemings

we have 3 potentially good young keepers

James - got great reviews last season

Brynn - playing well in an underporming team

Hemmings - solid cleansheet machine for a top of the table team

• Like 2

I think two great keepers would be a fantastic luxury - play the second keeper in the cups and keep the incumbent on his toes in training.

I'm struggling to remember the last time we had two genuinely good keepers duking it out for the gloves - were Schwarzer and Given at the club at the same time?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I think two great keepers would be a fantastic luxury - play the second keeper in the cups and keep the incumbent on his toes in training.

I'm struggling to remember the last time we had two genuinely good keepers duking it out for the gloves - were Schwarzer and Given at the club at the same time?

No definitely not. Two of my favourite keepers of all time. They were not at the Boro at the same time 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Given was long after schwarzer. The last time we had two top keepers at the club was when we had crossley back up to schwarzer. Scwarzwer was out for a month or two and crossley was unbelievable when he stepped in - so much so a lot of people wanted us to stick with him. 

This whole two keepers duking it out thing is giving me flashbacks to when we let schwarzer go and decided to allow Brad Jones and Turnbull try to battle it out to become number 1 instead of signing someone new - that turned out to be a hugeeee mistake. So it could go either way really!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Schwarzer & Crossley are probably the last time we had a back up who could put pressure on the number 1.

But most managers have their favourite keepers, regardless of ability.

• Like 1

All this Goalkeeper talk reminds me of the time we had Paul Smith on loan from Forest (2010?).

I thought he done pretty well for us at the time, certainly compared to my expectations. Thinking about that makes me think that we had another loan Keeper around about the same time, maybe a bit earlier/later (not Given obviously) who again done a decent job but I can't recall his name or am I imagining it?