Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'


Recommended Posts

Really pleased that the club are now doing interviews with players before matches as well as the manager.

It's definitely felt a lot more conservative in the last few years, only really hearing from players when they've signed and almost everything else was through Warnock.

At least outside of written interviews.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is emotional blackmail and the situation has been clearly fabricated, if you look at the handwriting its obvious that Wayne Rooney wrote that letter. 

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

It's my birthday today, meant to be my 30th but I've refused to allow that in current circumstances of not being able to celebrate it. I usually get my age on the back of one of my shirts so I re

Posted Images

On 12/10/2021 at 10:02 AM, Humpty said:

Paddy’s not the most expressive of people is he 😂

You'd think as an experienced international player he'd be used to doing interviews. 😁

Then again, some people just don't like media work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

You'd think as an experienced international player he'd be used to doing interviews. 😁

Then again, some people just don't like media work. 

I fully understand why players are almost robotic with their interviews. Especially the England and other internationals. The press are dying for them to slip up, show a bit of passion and say something which can me massively taken out of context. 
 

i really dislike the media in this country ☹️

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I fully understand why players are almost robotic with their interviews. Especially the England and other internationals. The press are dying for them to slip up, show a bit of passion and say something which can me massively taken out of context. 
 

i really dislike the media in this country ☹️

Oh I totally get that.

But its perfectly possible to carefully toe the party line without actually coming across as an automaton. Just look at interviews in F1.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Uwe said:

I fully understand why players are almost robotic with their interviews. Especially the England and other internationals. The press are dying for them to slip up, show a bit of passion and say something which can me massively taken out of context. 
 

i really dislike the media in this country ☹️

Like how "we want to smash the league, we want to go up as champions" gets twisted from a passionate call to arms into an arrogant "we will smash the league". 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Foogle said:

Like how "we want to smash the league, we want to go up as champions" gets twisted from a passionate call to arms into an arrogant "we will smash the league". 

100%

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s really not that big a deal but there’s showing a bit of personality and there’s giving controversial opinions. I’m in no way giving McNair any stick here, that may well be his personality which is fine, he’s just incredibly non-expressive as a person. He was very dead pan which I found amusing

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Humpty said:

It’s really not that big a deal but there’s showing a bit of personality and there’s giving controversial opinions. I’m in no way giving McNair any stick here, that may well be his personality which is fine, he’s just incredibly non-expressive as a person. He was very dead pan which I found amusing

The accent definitely doesn't work in his favour like.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...