• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

On 12/18/2021 at 4:52 PM, Downsouth said:

Perhaps they should show some pictures of Ameobi!

Think it's best we keep our powder dry until we know the full facts. During his career the lad has suffered from a serious hip injury, asthma and several knee problems and came back but according to Warnock this wasn't his "bad" knee and since then we don't know anything. 

Maybe there are reasons unknown to us why there are no pictures of Ameobi. The seeming news blackout on the lad makes me genuinely concerned for him. Ordinarily there would be updates and tweets etc. but the total lack of any information does not sound good. Similarly the lack of barbed comments or off the cuff remarks from either of the two managers or coaching staff leads me to think that there is perhaps something worse than just a bad knee. I sincerely hope not but he doesn't strike me as the sort of lad who swings the lead.

2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Think it's best we keep our powder dry until we know the full facts. During his career the lad has suffered from a serious hip injury, asthma and several knee problems and came back but according to Warnock this wasn't his "bad" knee and since then we don't know anything. 

Maybe there are reasons unknown to us why there are no pictures of Ameobi. The seeming news blackout on the lad makes me genuinely concerned for him. Ordinarily there would be updates and tweets etc. but the total lack of any information does not sound good. Similarly the lack of barbed comments or off the cuff remarks from either of the two managers or coaching staff leads me to think that there is perhaps something worse than just a bad knee. I sincerely hope not but he doesn't strike me as the sort of lad who swings the lead.

Fair points - but the club have had half a season to give us the “full facts”, or at least some facts. I can’t  remember an injury where we didn’t get some info on prognosis and actions, such as  an exploratory operation, or needing rest for a month etc. with Fisher who was injured pre season as well the club have been open is saying what he did, how he did it and that he would miss pretty much the whole of the season. We’ve heard nothing but the initial info and Warnock saying it wasn’t his bad knee. That makes everyone wonder why and whether it’s not just the actual injury that is the issue.

4 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Fair points - but the club have had half a season to give us the “full facts”, or at least some facts. I can’t  remember an injury where we didn’t get some info on prognosis and actions, such as  an exploratory operation, or needing rest for a month etc. with Fisher who was injured pre season as well the club have been open is saying what he did, how he did it and that he would miss pretty much the whole of the season. We’ve heard nothing but the initial info and Warnock saying it wasn’t his bad knee. That makes everyone wonder why and whether it’s not just the actual injury that is the issue.

I think you have answered your own question. For the lads sake lets just hope it's just some sort of contractual argument with Lawyers and Insurance Companies involved hence the silence.

38 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I think you have answered your own question. For the lads sake lets just hope it's just some sort of contractual argument with Lawyers and Insurance Companies involved hence the silence.

I wasn’t going to speculate, but that’s the kind of thing I was thinking of. If it is contractual argument with lawyers and insurers, then I’m not sure that is a good thing for his sake - it would suggest that either there was a pre-existing injury not disclosed when he signed, or it’s serious enough to warrant a paying up of contract.

2 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

I wasn’t going to speculate, but that’s the kind of thing I was thinking of. If it is contractual argument with lawyers and insurers, then I’m not sure that is a good thing for his sake - it would suggest that either there was a pre-existing injury not disclosed when he signed, or it’s serious enough to warrant a paying up of contract.

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Or he’s not injured at all and something else is the issue.

I was thinking something more serious on a personal health level which may explain privacy rather than secrecy.

I really hope not and it's just a bad knee after all or Lawyers drawing lawsuits at dawn.

29 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I was thinking something more serious on a personal health level which may explain privacy rather than secrecy.

I really hope not and it's just a bad knee after all or Lawyers drawing lawsuits at dawn.

Well, that’s true and I agree that that would be awful. Unless everyone was lying at the start of the season though, it seems he was having unexplained pains with a knee and that was what was stopping him training. On that basis, that injury seems to be most likely to be the root cause of his problems, and the absence of any announcements suggests it’s not just a straightforward injury

2 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Unexplained pains could end up being a symptom of something health related. 

Hopefully it's not though.

My Father went 15 years with never having a sick day but started developing symptoms of his right knee swelling up. Several months, examinations and pain killers later he was declared fit for work with his knee strapped up after about 6 months off work. He lasted two days before he had to go back to the GP who then sent him to JCUH. After an exploratory Op they sewed him back up, him two weeks to live after the diagnosis was that Cancer had spread from his bowel and he was literally riddled. He passed exactly two weeks to the day. Hence my concern and awareness that things may be a little more worrying for the lad.

• Sad 5

Interesting that Derby's administrators are trying to reach an out of court settlement. If they can't settle knowing it will take months to go through the courts, & it puts off potential buyers, they could get liquidated, so finding a quick solution is in their best interests. 

Derby fans don't like it. 

image.thumb.png.30e34ab1ac523807f92a17dff32b6583.png

11 hours ago, estonpidge said:

The only thing I find disturbing about Gibson's stance on Derby is that he was forced into it by the EFL turning a blind eye to flagrant cheating and financial mismanagement.

This is obviously a problem but it's just when it comes to potentially putting a club out of business that I really don't like the precedent of it. The work he's done has brought these issues to light and they're paying for it now. I really don't think he's gonna be seen favourably if they go under with him still pursuing damages, if that is in any way a realistic expectation.

I know it's not the only thing that's on their back, of course. As hard as I find it to see a club go out of business and leave fans stranded, I'm completely in favour of the tax man taking their rightful share. Them working with HMRC to solve that problem, if it's in any way solved other than by paying the bill, it's just another dangerous precedent to set.

@wilsoncgp I don't want to see DCFC or any other club to under, but the the only way to ensure that is a robust enforcement of the rules. I do not believe that the EFL would have taken any action if Gibson had not forced the issue. As for the £45m in damages i don't believe we'll ever see a penny but the point has been made, that if the governing body is going to sit on its hands and do nothing the clubs will be forced to take action themselves.

• Like 2