oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

2 minutes ago, Will said:

Blackpool had to recall someone to fulfill the fixture yesterday. If we're close to the threshold they'd expect us to do everything we can.

That’s true, but they only had one positive covid case. The rest were missing through either injury or suspension. 

Would seem incredibly harsh asking us to recall players during an outbreak, when loads of teams have had games postponed due to “injuries & covid cases” 

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Bit gutted by that, though it would make my New Year's Day a bit less stressful as I'm working extra with staff off with Covid.

I still want it to go ahead if we can manage it, but I think we're one of the only sides yet to have a game postponed this season, so it's not the end of the world.

We're only missing Bola of the major first teamers through injury too, so you can't say it's an ulterior motive beyond fixture build-up.

6 hours ago, Will said:

Blackpool had to recall someone to fulfill the fixture yesterday. If we're close to the threshold they'd expect us to do everything we can.

This can only happen from non league clubs and depending on the loan terms 

I don't think we can officially recall Brynn until the transfer window opens and presumably there would still be paper work to do with the FA which would not be done in time? I think a lunchtime match would need him to be re-registered with us before 5pm today? This is assuming that loans need to go and come back with FA authorisation, but I haven't ever looked into it.

Just checked on EFL guidelines. It's up to the EFL whether we can use players recalled. So if we recalled Spence today for example the EFL would decide if he could play tomorrow. I guess if they want the game on they should let us.

I'm guessing these are the discussions taking place this morning.

2 minutes ago, edinboro said:

Just checked on EFL guidelines. It's up to the EFL whether we can use players recalled. So if we recalled Spence today for example the EFL would decide if he could play tomorrow. I guess if they want the game on they should let us.

I'm guessing these are the discussions taking place this morning.

Players can’t play twice within 48 hours so spence and wing can’t play anyway even if they was recalled 

On one hand, postponing might be the best option, allows us to get Howson back and whoever has tested positive since the Blackpool game.

On the other hand, we're on a great run of form and this could disrupt our momentum. If we can still put out a team I think we should.

Any insider knowledge about Payero? Just can’t force his way back into the team yet or is there more to it? I know he played one half of an u23s match but needed to go off second half and I was interested in Wilder saying yesterday he had one player available who can’t play a full match yet. Fitness? Injury? Still not up to championship speed? It’s been months now. 

I don’t think there’s much to it. The midfielders in possession of the shirt are doing well. You don’t change a midfield that’s been as successful as ours has recently.

• Like 2