oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

33 minutes ago, Borodane said:

With it being a cup tie they also only get 45pct of the tickets so if they priced it at 30 quid they’d only lose out on approximately 70k which is probably about Ronaldo’s daily wage. But I suppose they would have to be fair on their own fans as well and reduce their ticket prices too. Anyways I would love to go and would gladly pay the 45 pounds but I have sympathy for those who can’t afford it. 

There was some agreement that away supporters would have prices capped at £30 in Premier League. I think MU abide by that - but only for the basic allocation of 3000. When Villa wanted to take more for the recent game, they were told that it was either £30 each for 3000 tickets, or for a bigger allocation all tickets would be £45. Maybe same applied for the cup game - if we had only take the 3000 sections then it would have been £30, but we have taken maximum allowance, hence higher price.

• Replies 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

It is emotional blackmail and the situation has been clearly fabricated, if you look at the handwriting its obvious that Wayne Rooney wrote that letter. 

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Those who have been by car, is there anywhere decent to park to get to Old Trafford? Never been before but considering going!

I’ve not been in ages but the whole ground is surrounded by various car parks, last time I went was by coach and it was parked in the big one E something ( behind the goal) was a mid week night match and getting out was ok but getting across Manchester to get to motorway took ages.

If your up for it maybe park on the best side of Manchester for you and get tram/ bus/Uber/ to and from the car. I always used this method when going to main road as that was a complete pain to get out of imo.

found this not sure of how up to date but could give you some ideas

https://www.awaygames.co.uk/away-day-guides/manchester-united-away/#1467752466853-8bcf3018-3343

• Thanks 1

Be careful of some of the ones around the ground you pay a fiver for. The league cup game we won on pens I had my car smashed into and Satnav stolen, 2 or 3 others in the same one did also.

Might be one of my more more controversial opinions but i think Mike Ashley is exactly what a club like Derby needs.

His personality and PR are awful but he runs a very tight ship with some “success” imo. I dont see any Mike Ashley owned club going into administration. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Just wait until the Derby fans find out about Ashley and Gibbo being good friends, they'll be tying themselves in knots with conspiracy theories.

It would be quite funny if after all this time the whole thing was a secret ploy between Ashley and Gibson for Ashley to get a new football club at a cut price and Gibson to get a nice cash windfall.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Just wait until the Derby fans find out about Ashley and Gibbo being good friends, they'll be tying themselves in knots with conspiracy theories.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/13325725.boro-chairman-steve-gibson-thinks-steve-mcclaren-ideal-magpies/

Hope Derby fans don't discover how far back Gibson and Ashley's friendship goes it might tip them over the edge...

• Haha 5
30 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Might be one of my more more controversial opinions but i think Mike Ashley is exactly what a club like Derby needs.

His personality and PR are awful but he runs a very tight ship with some “success” imo. I dont see any Mike Ashley owned club going into administration. 

Exactly my thoughts too. He might not be the most ambitious owner but he knows how to run a financially tight ship

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Fair point and I would tend to agree that after Mel Morris, Ashley is exactly the kind of owner who will get their finances in order.

But I bet the fans won't see it that way after a few seasons of mid table mediocrity and the club going nowhere (if his tenure at Newcastle is anything to go by).

• Like 1