oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Derby County Football Club owe HMRC somewhere in the region of £28 million yet somehow none of today's MP statements or news reports make mention of it...

The biggest disgrace to football wouldn't be Derby getting liquidated it would be them wriggling out of a £28 million tax bill it would make a mockery out of every club and every individual in this country who does pay their taxes. I don't care if we get a penny out of Derby but the new owner will need to pay that tax bill in full anything less would be an absolute disgrace.

• Like 10
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Just look at some of the replies to this:

All those Derby fans mocking FFP and stuff and are now crying about how they're in trouble of going under. Well, they didn't have a problem when it was going well for them, did they!

I love how some of the responders now have Save Derby icons...that Mr Bean response in particular. Cant help but feel that some of the deleted ones were the best ones! 

You got anymore Brunners?

Edited by boksicdink
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
53 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

The thing is that everything that sky reporter said isn't wrong. Our lawsuits are holding up a potential sale. He's

A short news story will never report the finer details. If he had simply mentioned that this has been ongoing for years or that Middlesbrough are open to meeting with all parties to relieve the lawsuits the piece is far less interesting without a villain. 

The BBC report is a lot clearer and quotes Boro statement.

46 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Derby County Football Club owe HMRC somewhere in the region of £28 million yet somehow none of today's MP statements or news reports make mention of it...

The biggest disgrace to football wouldn't be Derby getting liquidated it would be them wriggling out of a £28 million tax bill it would make a mockery out of every club and every individual in this country who does pay their taxes. I don't care if we get a penny out of Derby but the new owner will need to pay that tax bill in full anything less would be an absolute disgrace.

And they are trying to pay just £7m of it.

• Angry 1

HMRC and the amount and timing of administration calling by MM is always conveniently omitted, it was the need to pay this after the covid tax extended deadline HMRC gave to football that MM decided that ahh the bill has arrived, so rang the EFL and administrators and said sorry we cannot pay.

That Steve Gibson’s dispute has been going on for over a year and that Derby have shown no interest in advancing omitted too.

They gripe about Bauser being on the EFL board, he got voted on as 1 of 3 new members at the start of the season, oddly enough one of the outgoing members was his counterpart at Derby County. Like Bauser on Boro issues, when Derby issues arose he was asked to leave the meetings and wasn’t privy to them. The fans still don’t like this and feel Boro have nobbled the board.

Another area is the complete misunderstanding of how the EFL works, who it works for and how it decides things. Yes this setup really is 19th century self interest at its best with later century updates to try and modernise it. County fans are under the impression that ifonly the EFL board recused itself and the wider EFL stepped in then they would be cleared. That’s the most wishful thinking view of how clubs will help each other I’ve ever heard. 

The sad thing is the club is everything to the fans and the area, we better than most know that, we also better than Derby know that when dealing with the EFL that you have to successfully jump through every ever changing hoop they have for you regardless of whether it’s lawful, achievable or even sane.

Unfortunately everyone needs to have villain, someone or something who is so evil and so bad that they must go down in folk law as exemplars of true evil.

so ladies and Gentlemen of the forum I give you a picture of this evil, those of you with heart conditions or any other maladies who might be effected by just the briefest glimpse of something so vile and repugnant that the gentle folk of England have never seen.

If you have a weak heart turn away now, 

image.jpeg.60d8ade0765e0b66ed4809bf24fac5ac.jpeg

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Imagine being hated more than Leeds......the Leeds fans would have nothing to sing about!

To be fair, not everyone hates us, the Forest fans seem to think we're brilliant.

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Thats link to save Derby. I think he wanted the link to get derby to pay HRMC in full. I’d like to see that one too. 

I have edited my original post.

what a numpty - sorry about that.

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I have edited my original post.

what a numpty - sorry about that.

I thought you were a ram in sheeps clothing for a minute there🤔

• Haha 3