oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Unbelievable they’re all crying yet still refuse to sell any of their players! Like every other club in their situation had to do. Rather let their club die than sell the likes of Tom Lawrence 

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

You don’t want to see a club liquidated but at the same time I have little to zero sympathy for their fans who couldn’t have been more smug when Morris was throwing money around like it was nothing. 

Just to get ahead of the curve a little bit (and also in response to the Telegraph article). But I can see it now when our accounts are released for the 2020/21 that Derby fans will jump on the "loss" figure. On it's own it'll look bad for us (I predict) and coupled with the 2019/20 figure it'll look worse.

As it stands we'll report an estimated year to date figure for the 2021/22 to the EFL in March (at least we should be). In theory we'll have finalised numbers for 8 months (July - Feb) of the 12, so we'll be estimating on only 4 months. But alongside this the EFL will be using our previous year's accounts to build an accurate picture of where we stand on the Profit and Sustainability rules. This is where it gets a bit complicated.

So in normal circumstances they'd take our estimated 2021/22 figures, then the previous 2 seasons figures too. But because of Covid, the EFL have stated that they are actually merging 2019/20 & 2020/21 into 1 season and giving that season an average. Because of this they'll also be looking at our 2018/19 season too. 

It's because of this merged season (that a lot of people will probably misunderstand), that'll make our 2019/20 and 2020/21 figures look like we've made a huge (limit breaking) loss. But the fact these seasons will be averaged will work in most club's favour, coupled with the fact that "Covid costs" (loss of income) can be factored in makes me believe we'll be absolutely fine in terms of limits.

Edit: Apologies for the boring post!

Edit 2: When I say year to date, I mean upto June 2022.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Unbelievable they’re all crying yet still refuse to sell any of their players! Like every other club in their situation had to do. Rather let their club die than sell the likes of Tom Lawrence 

I genuinely believe if they were cut adrift at the bottom they'd be selling players. They've noticed they might be able to survive and that's why they're refusing to sell anyone.

Although according to the tweets I linked, they're claiming there's not enough value in the players to cover the funds they need, which I struggle to believe.

Bielik, Buchanen and Lawrence alone should net you the 7m that's being reported.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I genuinely believe if they were cut adrift at the bottom they'd be selling players. They've noticed they might be able to survive and that's why they're refusing to sell anyone.

Although according to the tweets I linked, they're claiming there's not enough value in the players to cover the funds they need, which I struggle to believe.

Bielik, Buchanen and Lawrence alone should net you the 7m that's being reported.

100%. It's shameless and I don't know why they're not getting more stick for it. If they were still on minus points none of this would be happening. They could sell 2-3 players at fair prices and have proof of funds that they can finish the season.

"We have no money but selling our players isn't an option."

Yeah, because now you think you'll stay up and start again debt-free with a new owner. Crying to MPs and trying to paint MFC and WW as the sole blockers is their tactic to avoid any real and lasting punishment beyond this one season. Hope Gibson calls their bluff. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

They're gambling with the club and they're the ones Derby fans should be directing anger at. I have no doubt that if Derby were still on minus points they'd have sold players and dealt with us and Wycombe by now, with no prospect of liquidation. Their eyes have lit up cos they think they can now sell a Championship club rather than a League 1 club.

But yeah, we're the evil ones blocking everything for not giving up our claims for nothing after being ignored for months on end... They clearly don't know Gibson if they think he's walking away at this point. 

I think in reality, we know why the potential buyers aren't biting yet.

Claims aside, each day closer to oblivion, each day the price goes down. Mike Ashley in particular has operated that way. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Not only that Brunners but they probably wont need the 7m if those players go because Lawrence and Bielik will be eating a big chunk of that. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The MP I linked earlier but on the radio now.

Confirmation that the admins haven't gone back to Boro to talk because they think the claims baseless and have decided to not try and work anything out.

13 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

£50m including their £80m valued stadium.

I'd call him out on it but he blocks anyone who questions him and he does occasionally post useful information.

Isn't the stadium owned by Mel now and not the club or am I completely wrong?

Administrators also accusing the EFL of "putting Derby in the firing line" because Boro agreed with the EFL to stop their legal action against them if the EFL took disciplinary actions against Derby, and to let Boro take legal action against Derby too.