• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

The hilarious thing on the DCFC forums is that our legal bid is both completely frivolous and will be thrown out in a minute and at the same time the key thing that is holding up any bidders from submitting a bid... there's no sense that both things can't be true

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Teacider said:

The hilarious thing on the DCFC forums is that our legal bid is both completely frivolous and will be thrown out in a minute and at the same time the key thing that is holding up any bidders from submitting a bid... there's no sense that both things can't be true

Exactly the very point. If it’s so frivolous then any new owner knows that a small legal bill will deal with it once they take over, so they deduct that off their offer price.

However if it’s not so frivolous as reported that reputable bidders are loath to bid because of it....

Until we know all the pertinent facts a considered opinion is hard, but a very quick interim one is that this isn’t frivolous to the extent that Derby fans are being told by the administrators because if it was MM and the Administrators would have quickly got the EFL arbitration panel up and running wouldn’t they. They have done nothing about this since 2019.

• Like 2

With all the shouting and moaning and groaning leads me to think DCFC are going to run out of time and will not be able to offer anything, liquidation seems the only solution and sadly the answer.

I think Derby are going if not already gone

• Like 2
Just now, Downsouth said:

With all the shouting and moaning and groaning leads me to think DCFC are going to run out of time and will not be able to offer anything, liquidation seems the only solution and sadly the answer.

Either way the result isn't good, I feel for the loyal Derby fans (not so much the ones on the forums or twitter) but if they are saved due to media attention then I feel bad for the Bury, Macclesfield etc. fans who didn't get the help too... way too much inconsistencies

• Like 2

I can see how it can be viewed as frivolous and put a buyer off.

Whilst Derby the fans and the administrators can be convinced it’s frivolous a new buyer will look at worse case scenario and see a further bill of 45m plus legal costs.

As that’s pretty much what the club is worth it’s a potential doubling of investment.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

So what does the league look like if Derby are gone? We’d be a point worse off as it stands. Be heart breaking if we didn’t go because results against Derby are taken out

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

You could be right, but I expect the experience and cash ready Sports Direct Consortium are just waiting till the desperation on all parties mean that debts are virtually written off.

Then they ride into town hero’s the the masses, everybody flocks to buy at Sports Direct and everyone’s happy, except maybe everyone who is loosing out both financially and by seeing cheaters do actually prosper.

Edited by Naisby
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

So what does the league look like if Derby are gone? We’d be a point worse off as it stands. Be heart breaking if we didn’t go because results against Derby are taken out

I'l hazard a guess and say it would look better for us. I can't imagine any of the top teams only having drawn with Derby. 

Edit; QPR and Blackburn have won, Fulham, Huddersfield drawn and Bournemouth lost. So we's actually gain two points on QPR and Blackburn while Bournemouth would gain a point on the rest.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Naisby said:

You could be right, but I expect the experience and cash ready Sports Direct Consortium are just waiting till the desperation on all parties mean that debts are virtually written off.

The the ride into town hero’s the the masses, everybody flocks to buy at Sports Direct and everyone’s happy, except maybe everyone who is loosing out both financially and by seeing cheaters do actually prosper.

With Gibson and Ashley being friends I could see them having an agreement in place already and wait till last minute to try and get Ashley the best deal...  pure speculation of course!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Teacider said:

Either way the result isn't good, I feel for the loyal Derby fans (not so much the ones on the forums or twitter) but if they are saved due to media attention then I feel bad for the Bury, Macclesfield etc. fans who didn't get the help too... way too much inconsistencies

There will always be the first "big" casualty and as we have been reminded we were so very close ourselves.

Some may view that Derby needs to be an exampe to others  and if so there will be a fair few clubs walking on a knifes edge and getting very worried. You could see a knock on effect with Reading who seem to be in free fall towards relegation and the harm that will do to them.

Ain't going to be the last

• Like 2
1 minute ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

The teams that have played Derby twice and won at least once will be worst effected. I think all Derby results are voided in this hypothetical, one less team goes down and one more team goes up.

in the big world of the EFL the loss of a club mid season is of great benefit to those aspiring at the top, and those perspiring at the bottom.

6 minutes ago, Naisby said:

The the ride into town hero’s the the masses, everybody flocks to buy at Sports Direct and everyone’s happy, except maybe everyone who is loosing out both financially and by seeing cheaters do actually prosper.

Feels that way and possibly Derby hoping to get an extension to try and stall things even longer, You can not owe the tax man with saleable assetts and hope to get away with it, too big and far too strong