oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

2 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

So are Bolton.

That was the point, plenty of other founder members have been where Derby is and to my knowledge some have been liquidated and some haven’t. 

Derby feel this gives them some rights other members don’t have.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Naisby said:

That was the point, plenty of other founder members have been where Derby is and to my knowledge some have been liquidated and some haven’t. 

Derby feel this gives them some rights other members don’t have.

Not plenty. Only Bolton & Accrington FC.

Although I'm not sure why Derby think they are more important.

44 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Didn't even make it to General sale!

I was filming at Old Trafford yesterday and got chatting to the head of security. He was saying that they weren’t looking forward to 9,000 Boro fans turning up on a Friday night. They only normally have to deal with 3,000 away fans and he was genuinely concerned.

I just hope the travelling supporters do our club proud and behave themselves. I’m worried a lot will see it as a chance to get hammered in the town centre first and act like idiots.

In other news, Bryan Robson is a lovely guy and such a laugh, I was very lucky to meet him yesterday.

• Like 6

Either a very talented 13 year old or colluded by an adult. 

Well given the amount of negative press, if there was anyone who didn’t know who Middlesbrough were they certainly do now. It would be Ill advised to advertise your presence traveling in or through Derby for quite a while unless you want to engage trolls with pitch forks and torch’s.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I was filming at Old Trafford yesterday and got chatting to the head of security. He was saying that they weren’t looking forward to 9,000 Boro fans turning up on a Friday night. They only normally have to deal with 3,000 away fans and he was genuinely concerned.

I just hope the travelling supporters do our club proud and behave themselves. I’m worried a lot will see it as a chance to get hammered in the town centre first and act like idiots.

In other news, Bryan Robson is a lovely guy and such a laugh, I was very lucky to meet him yesterday.

We already know our away fans aren't covering us in glory this year. Can't see why this would be any different unfortunately!

• Sad 2
17 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

I've never wanted a club to be liquidated, not even Newcastle.

But Derby's bahaviour pre and post administration and the stupidity of many of their supporters  has changed that.

I hope they are ripped apart and relegated to non-league. they are a club of cheats and  Karens

Drop the word Karen, honestly it just makes a argument sound pathetic. 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

Not plenty. Only Bolton & Accrington FC.

Although I'm not sure why Derby think they are more important.

Ask the Derby fans, they think it does. Of the original 12 founders most have gone through administration and huge financial difficulties, not all went bust though, 

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

So Derby fans want to create a petition to get Gibsons OBE removed.

We should create a petition to have Gibbo's OBE removed. And replaced with a knighthood

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Drop the word Karen, honestly it just makes a argument sound pathetic. 

Not really, that's a general term that aptly applies to the reaction of their fans. 

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

We already know our away fans aren't covering us in glory this year. Can't see why this would be any different unfortunately!

I know and sadly, the Man U stewards are aware of this.

If the fans are there to cause trouble it’ll make us look like a tin pot club on a big day out, with fans treating the tie like a cup final. I hope anyone travelling will show a bit of restraint.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

So Derby fans want to create a petition to get Gibsons OBE removed.

They also are all drooling over the DM article, while coincidentally ignoring Simon Jordans comments. Suspicious!

Or just typically one-eyed football fans, looking at the world through (in their case) black and white tinted glasses.

Kinda funny though. When they say "petition" do they mean one of those that needs 100,000 signatures to be considered in Parliament?

If so, I don't think Steve will need to get rid of his medal polish.

• Haha 1