Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Drop the word Karen, honestly it just makes a argument sound pathetic. 

Agree - its a stupid American thing that seems to have made its way over here (like so much of their crap).

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

It is emotional blackmail and the situation has been clearly fabricated, if you look at the handwriting its obvious that Wayne Rooney wrote that letter. 

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Regarding McGree. Anyone know when we need to release him by. Could he be in squad for blackburn and then leave?

Games are 27th January and 1st February. We play Blackburn on 24th in evening, when it’s already 25th in Aus. So he will have to be on his way before our game.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Games are 27th January and 1st February. We play Blackburn on 24th in evening, when it’s already 25th in Aus. So he will have to be on his way before our game.

He probably wouldn't have started anyway

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Brunners said:

So Derby fans want to create a petition to get Gibsons OBE removed.

They also are all drooling over the DM article, while coincidentally ignoring Simon Jordans comments. Suspicious!

Where's this happening mate?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Where's this happening mate?

The comments about his OBE are in the "Steve Gibson trying to liquidate Derby County" thread, while the drooling is mostly in the Administration thread!

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

In other news, Bryan Robson is a lovely guy and such a laugh, I was very lucky to meet him yesterday.

I've met Robbo before he's a top bloke. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is petty enough (or as petty as me) then there's a petition out there to ask for the government to force Derby to repay their debts in full to HMRC. 

I'll see if I can find the link 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Duvel said:

If anyone is petty enough (or as petty as me) then there's a petition out there to ask for the government to repay their debts in full to HMRC. 

I'll see if I can find the link 😂

https://www.change.org/p/make-derby-county-pay-the-39m-outstanding-to-hmrc?recruiter=false&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_term=tap_basic_share&recruited_by_id=ca622cc0-7893-11ec-b3f4-81170a65b26c&utm_content=fht-32084267-en-gb%3A6

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

If anyone is petty enough (or as petty as me) then there's a petition out there to ask for the government to force Derby to repay their debts in full to HMRC. 

I'll see if I can find the link 😂

https://chng.it/vJH2DWPwjk

Here we go

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10424221/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Middlesbrough-Wycombes-lawsuits-Derby-based-fantasy-seasons.html

The Daily Mail have received their backhander from Derby.

That sympathy is going more and more. 

Its a tough one IMO.

He has a point about the fact we lost 6 games in a row. We certainly didn't do ourselves any favours. If we'd won 2 or 3 of those, or at least managed to draw some, we could well have taken Villa's 5th place finish.

We managed to lose at home to Brentford (11th) & Preston (14th). Had we won those thats an extra 6 points right there. Could also argue we should have at least managed a draw at home to Bristol.

Would have given us 80 points - enough to finish behind West Brom on goal difference.

OTOH breaking FFP rules may have been what allowed Derby to sneak ahead of us, finishing the season with a 5-game unbeaten run (won 3, drawn 2).

I think there are too many variable to blame our failure to get promoted on Derby, but even without that, they should still be taken to task over the fact they did breach FFP rules.

I think the media are focusing too much on how the season panned out and not enough on the fact Derby (or Mel Morris) willingly and knowingly broke the rules.

Also agree on the increasing level of hysteria in these articles. Sad to see such biased journalism.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AnglianRed said:

Its a tough one IMO.

He has a point about the fact we lost 6 games in a row. We certainly didn't do ourselves any favours. If we'd won 2 or 3 of those, or at least managed to draw some, we could well have taken Villa's 5th place finish.

We managed to lose at home to Brentford (11th) & Preston (14th). Had we won those thats an extra 6 points right there. Could also argue we should have at least managed a draw at home to Bristol.

Would have given us 80 points - enough to finish behind West Brom on goal difference.

OTOH breaking FFP rules may have been what allowed Derby to sneak ahead of us, finishing the season with a 5-game unbeaten run (won 3, drawn 2).

I think there are too many variable to blame our failure to get promoted on Derby, but even without that, they should still be taken to task over the fact they did breach FFP rules.

I think the media are focusing too much on how the season panned out and not enough on the fact Derby (or Mel Morris) willingly and knowingly broke the rules.

Also agree on the increasing level of hysteria in these articles. Sad to see such biased journalism.

 

our performance has nothing to do with the Derby's cheating. so there is no point to that article.

the only fact that matters is that we finished 7th, 1 pt behind a Derby team that have admitting failing FFP across a number of seasons, and thus should have been deducted points in that year.  

that is all, - Derby cheated, lied about cheating and delayed the process to escape punishment in a number of seasons.

 

When a sprinter finishes 2nd in a race to a drug cheat, does it matter if the person finishing 2nd could have run faster?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...