• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Siliki not even on the bench for Cameroon tonight, I wonder if he's headed here early?

I just came on here to post that. Either coming back here early or been allowed to leave camp early to sort out a transfer elsewhere?

9 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I just came on here to post that. Either coming back here early or been allowed to leave camp early to sort out a transfer elsewhere?

We won’t have McGree available for the next couple of games, so we might have got him to return early in case he’s needed for QPR. Could be on bench depending on injuries from the cup game etc.

1 hour ago, ScarBoro said:

We won’t have McGree available for the next couple of games, so we might have got him to return early in case he’s needed for QPR. Could be on bench depending on injuries from the cup game etc.

Yeah possibly but the current bench is: Daniels, Peltier, Bamba, Payero, Coburn, Watmore and Flo.

I don't see JLS affecting that. When McGree back i think he takes Coburns place on bench and puts pressure on current 3 in middle of the park.

Watmore and Flo are interchangeable with Sporar and Connolly so safe to assume 2 out the 4 will always start and other 2 will always make bench fitness permitting.

2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Yeah possibly but the current bench is: Daniels, Peltier, Bamba, Payero, Coburn, Watmore and Flo.

I don't see JLS affecting that. When McGree back i think he takes Coburns place on bench and puts pressure on current 3 in middle of the park.

Watmore and Flo are interchangeable with Sporar and Connolly so safe to assume 2 out the 4 will always start and other 2 will always make bench fitness permitting.

Agreed - but we don’t know whether anyone got a knock on Friday. Also there no telling whether the club gets another outbreak of Covid again, or even just two or three cases, in which case it will be a case of whoever is fit being in squad. EFL will be desperate now to avoid any more postponements, and Boro will not want fixture congestion either.

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Fingers crossed that Spence has another storming game on tv against a top PL side. 

It'll probably help to have another near rival still in the competition, but I think they'll get beaten by a few goals today.

Considering what we paid for him, he's basically had some decent games under Woodgate where he'd fit in wherever he could and since Wilder has come in he's been great. But I remember him being rubbish under Monk, he was nothing outstanding under Pulis by any means and he was Warnock's favourite player when he was getting overran every week and Warnock was flinging the blame at other players instead. He's a great anchor to this midfield we have right now but seeing anything so influential out of him has for a long time seemed like a pipe dream.

• Like 1

Ever since Warnock dropped Howson for that one game (rightly so as he had been very poor), I actually think he’s played well for us and can’t remember to many poor performances from him since then. Him and Fry were our best players at Old Trafford. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Humpty said:

Yeah Nah...not for me.

I see Howson as a sort of Leadbitter-lite. Not bad, but he doesn't quite have the same grit and determination. The 'Grabbing the game/team by the scruff of the neck' type of leadership. 

• Like 4