oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

21 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Uche runs funny.  I'd liken it to an alien who has taken over a human body.  I think there might have been something similar in one of the Men In Black films.

If you watch closely just before a corner gets taken, you'll see Uche put up his arms and all his flippers.

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

I guess I must be dreaming in a parallel Boro universe when Lumley lumps it up to Crooksy then? 

Amazing how the mind can play tricks and those big hoofs were in fact fast paced slick passages of interplay played out from the back to get it up to Crooksy with the illusionary ball hovering 20ft in the air between the Keeper and the big Tree. It must be Plan Aa then if not Plan B!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Leesider said:

"You'll see Uche put up his arms"

Which is more than you can say for Connolly when we need a Penalty taker.👀

You'll be getting yourself kicked off the Emerald Isle if you're not careful 😮

1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

I cant open a summer transfer thread in February (that would be heresy) but we're monitoring a CB from Glentoran apparently, according to this random guy with a blue tick.

That was where Boyd Munce started out so it might be a case of 2+2=5 or then again maybe there is something in it 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

I cant open a summer transfer thread in February (that would be heresy) but we're monitoring a CB from Glentoran apparently, according to this random guy with a blue tick.

Anything before May would be herasy and even then a stretch but good info worth saving for a rainy day

On 2/11/2022 at 3:38 PM, Naisby said:

I disagree but I accept your views and insights though. We need outgoings to generate funds for incomings, Uche was surplus and expendable in the wider scheme nowt wrong with that, but I’m not a fan of having a plan a and plan b being the same as plan a just with a substitution.

Uche came on and didnt score, does that mean he's rubbish again?

29 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Uche came on and didnt score, does that mean he's rubbish again?

Why would it? I’ve never said he rubbish or the greatest, he’sa Boro player and offers something different. If he scored every game he wouldn’t be out on loan.

On 2/11/2022 at 2:53 PM, Naisby said:

Karanka was inflexible, he had a plan and he got his players to play it, but when it wasn’t working his back up plan was stay the same and swap like for like, in the hope the opposition would immediately forget what our system had been for the last 65 minutes that they had been effective against and suddenly change their style. 

That’s not necessarily a bad thing it could mean he thought players were having an off day or the opposition was having the better of them.

I would rather we had plan a do plan a better and if all fails plan c

2 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

That’s not necessarily a bad thing it could mean he thought players were having an off day or the opposition was having the better of them.

I would rather we had plan a do plan a better and if all fails plan c

I can see where your going with your argument and while we might debate when plan c was needed, sadly Karanka never would. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Howson, Crooks and Tavernier all got yellow cards against Derby. Does anyone know how far away they are from a one match ban? Crooks and Howson can't be very far away.

Crooks is on 9 so yeah he's 1 away from a ban.

Howsons on 7 so he's got 3 to go.

• Like 1