oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Just the 6 major trophies under him.

A brave choice.

like my bro who supported man utd after the 2nd premier league season lol.

on the plus side he didn't talk to me for 2 weeks after the hand of smog incident earlier in the year lol

• Replies 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

It is emotional blackmail and the situation has been clearly fabricated, if you look at the handwriting its obvious that Wayne Rooney wrote that letter. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I think there's a big difference between keeping an eye out for a result and actively supporting another club. I've only got so much emotional capacity to invest and that's all in on the Boro. England don't really get much of that either to be honest.

Agree with this and like you I will keep an eye upon certain results mainly those nearby to where I live and not in the same division, Wycombe and MK Dons are nearly equal distance from where I live and will always like to see them do well as long as Boro are not involved,

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I think there's a big difference between keeping an eye out for a result and actively supporting another club. I've only got so much emotional capacity to invest and that's all in on the Boro. England don't really get much of that either to be honest.

You’re right about the mental part. I’m also an AGF fan as I moved to Aarhus 20 years ago, but I was a boro fan years before that. I have a season ticket here for the past three years but it’s been a dire season full of disappointments starting with getting knocked out of Europe qualifying stages by NI team Larne and now we’re battling to stave off relegation. Add to that years of boro hurt recently and missing out on play offs and I’m done for this season. Just avoid relegation and I’m ready to go again when the danish league starts in July and the championship in august. 

3 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Just the 6 major trophies under him.

A brave choice.

Started following them in 1991 when I was 7.

Everyone else at school either followed Man Utd or Liverpool.

Whatever point you're labouring to make isn't really relevant.

36 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Started following them in 1991 when I was 7.

Everyone else at school either followed Man Utd or Liverpool.

Whatever point you're labouring to make isn't really relevant.

So it's purely coincidental that at 7 years old, presumably with no family connection to Arsenal, you started following them in the same year that they won the league title?

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

So it's purely coincidental that at 7 years old, presumably with no family connection to Arsenal, you started following them in the same year that they won the league title?

Yes. Like I said, I was 7. I also wanted to go to the moon when I grew up or become a cow, and nobody in my family had done either of those things too

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Yes. Like I said, I was 7. I also wanted to go to the moon when I grew up or become a cow, and nobody in my family had done either of those things too

A man's gotta dream 👍

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Yes. Like I said, I was 7. I also wanted to go to the moon when I grew up or become a cow and nobody in my family had done either of those things too

That’s not what your Dad says about your Mam 😂😂😂

• Wow 2
11 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

so ur also a nasa glory supporter as well lol

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Humpty said:

Good point Humpty. There is a big difference, as you say. 

On that topic:

- Grandad’s Team - Hearts (though he was from Glasgow)
- Dad’s Team - No Team
- Mum’s Team - Middlesbrough
- Local Team - Middlesbrough
- Your Team - Middlesbrough

Posted (edited)

Grandads team: Hartlepool (actually played for them during the late 50s/ early 60s).

Dad's team: Boro (with a soft spot for pools, obviously)

Mum's team: Newcastle (her entire side of the family are Geordies, to my eternal shame 🥺)

Local team: Boro

My team: Boro. Nobody else.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

On that topic:

- Grandad’s Team - Hearts (though he was from Glasgow)
- Dad’s Team - No Team
- Mum’s Team - Middlesbrough
- Local Team - Middlesbrough
- Your Team - Middlesbrough

No idea, he preferred horse racing and he died when I was little

Boro

Boro

Boro

Boro/Arsenal