oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Can someone explain to me about why Stuanis 'best position' is apparently striker? :s

Yes he's scored all his goals in the box but he adds something to the team other people can't when he plays on the right, every goal Ayala has scored has been scored in the box, should we play him up front as well?

He seems to play a lot better on the right wing with Nugent up front for me anyway.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Can someone explain to me about why Stuanis 'best position' is apparently striker? :s

Yes he's scored all his goals in the box but he adds something to the team other people can't when he plays on the right, every goal Ayala has scored has been scored in the box, should we play him up front as well?

He seems to play a lot better on the right wing with Nugent up front for me anyway.

He plays as a striker for the Uruguayan national team, but yeah I suppose he's not good enough to play as a striker for us.

I have to say what a great signing bringing back Amorebieta has been. He got lots of stick from Fulham fans and they didn't seem impressed with him . But from what I have seen this and last season extremely solid player and for me it was a great idea from the club to loan out husband to fulham for a short period of time , meaning we got amorebieta for the year.

He plays as a striker for the Uruguayan national team, but yeah I suppose he's not good enough to play as a striker for us.

He doesn't really play as a striker for the Uruguay team though. He did in the last game, sure, but Suarez and Cavani were both out. When he was starting up with the national team he had those 2 and Diego Forlan to contend with.

Is there a team in the championship that can match the class & experience of our trio... Downing, Nugent & Stuani.... If so what trio would you swap them for?

IMO you don't get better than our 3.

Wouldn't swap them for anyone! And just remember our new players are just bedding in yet, we'll be a force when they've completely settled in

Just been watching some YouTube clips of the Boro to get me in the mood for tomorrow...the last 3 league wins, Brentford play off 2nd leg, Steau Bucharest, Boro 8 City 1, I bloody love our club!

I completely agree with this, he has much more space drifting into the box from the right than he would playing as the lone striker.

Is there a team in the championship that can match the class & experience of our trio... Downing, Nugent & Stuani.... If so what trio would you swap them for?

IMO you don't get better than our 3.

Wouldn't swap them for anyone! And just remember our new players are just bedding in yet, we'll be a force when they've completely settled in

Just been watching some YouTube clips of the Boro to get me in the mood for tomorrow...the last 3 league wins, Brentford play off 2nd leg, Steau Bucharest, Boro 8 City 1, I bloody love our club!

I don't think we have got out of first gear yet.. We have plenty of room for improvement and we are already in 2nd place.

I'm excited with our squad.

I think what didn't help with Stuani and Bristol City was a. his unfamiliarity with team and b. city put 10 men behind the ball, so Stuani had to stay out wide more to try and stretch the City defence. I like him on the right, coming in as a second striker, meaning we have two strikers in the box which we desperately needed. Hopefully this will continue and he'll continue to bang them in.

My only concern with Stuani on the right is that Nsue HAS to play fullback otherwise we are completely unbalanced. I'm not sure Nsue is as strong defensively as kalas though. That being said, he had a fantastic game on Tuesday.

My only concern with Stuani on the right is that Nsue HAS to play fullback otherwise we are completely unbalanced. I'm not sure Nsue is as strong defensively as kalas though. That being said, he had a fantastic game on Tuesday.

I'm judging this just on the highlights but defensively his positional play looked all over.