oneBoro Forum
LukeR

'Other Boro stuff'

Tbh at least we have a decent number of southern-based fans. Same can't be said if it was the other way around and Brighton were having to play up at the Boro at 12:30.

Tbh at least we have a decent number of southern-based fans. Same can't be said if it was the other way around and Brighton were having to play up at the Boro at 12:30.

I don't think Sky would be that inconvenient to the fans of Southern clubs

Disgusting. They don't think of the fans at all. Our furthest away game a 12:30 kick off.

It has nothing to do with the fans. We are the top 2 in the league and Sky are picking their Games for Live TV, it's a no brainer for sky really, sat lunch will be thir prime slot for Champ Games i think? Although, if i was up home and having to get to Brighton for that time i'd be pretty peeved too. Ipswich is annoying as its one of my away picks and no way i can get there on a Fri night

Great with all these TV games. Feel sorry for those who have their travel plans disrupted, but great for us who can't go.

Will still be able to do Ipswich but might have to knock Brighton on the head , shame as really nice atmosphere there last year

As for the poor souls who wanted to travel from the north for the Brighton game this is ridiculous , but when have the fans ever counted!

Ruled me out of attending both games. There's a petition during the rounds hoping to force the relevant authorities to be more accommodating to supporters who travel.

Ruled me out of attending both games. There's a petition during the rounds hoping to force the relevant authorities to be more accommodating to supporters who travel.

https://www.change.org/p/the-football-league-stop-the-football-league-from-allowing-sky-tv-changing-match-dates-and-times-to-suit-tv?recruiter=401176976&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

https://www.change.org/p/the-football-league-stop-the-football-league-from-allowing-sky-tv-changing-match-dates-and-times-to-suit-tv?recruiter=401176976&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Unfortunatly for those that travel away they are never going to be considered

The choice is a few million watch on tv and loads of money to the clubs. , and put 300-400 fans out a bit

You wont win this one

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-fc-opta-stats-whos-10247913

Going by these stats it's easy to see why Forshaw doesn't get many starts. Especially Clayton has been phenomenal and Leadbitter is perhaps a bit undervalued as he has clearly been given a greater defensive responsibility. And what a defender Ayala has become!

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-fc-opta-stats-whos-10247913

Going by these stats it's easy to see why Forshaw doesn't get many starts. Especially Clayton has been phenomenal and Leadbitter is perhaps a bit undervalued as he has clearly been given a greater defensive responsibility. And what a defender Ayala has become!

It only tells you half the story though. How many of those passes were sideways etc? how many opposition players were in between the passer and receiver? Was the pass to our players strongest foot? I love stats but analysis should be both quantatative and qualitative.

It only tells you half the story though. How many of those passes were sideways etc? how many opposition players were in between the passer and receiver? Was the pass to our players strongest foot? I love stats but analysis should be both quantatative and qualitative.

I'm with you on this far too much of the game is stat based. It doesn't take into account the game - what if there is 10yards of free space in front. Or if you select the wrong pass and stop an attack. What if you overhit a pass and cause your team mate to loose possession?

I know pros who fiddle there stats by running up the field for corners and free kicks so they get another 'high intensity' stat. On the subject of fiddling a passing stat must be the easiest to do. I bet people like Vinnie Sideways and David Batty would look world class on pass completion.