oneBoro Forum
LukeR

'Other Boro stuff'

Betting and football go hand in hand so wouldn't surprise me if it was true, after all we play in the skyBET championship, bet365 advertise all over the games on TV etc. it's just part and parcel of football so doesn't bother me one bit, would be more likely to be against ramsdens as a sponsor (not that i am), their ethics aren't exactly golden.

125.gif

It's 32Red.

3-year sponsorship deal.

Now England have scored again but it wasn't Dael Fry so really I should put it on the Non-Boro thread but I won't because I'm a rebel.

Do you reckon we'll use Dael Fry more this coming season?

After seeing him score a goal today I suspect Pulis was sat somewhere with a semi-on just thinking of all the possibilities with not one but two goalscoring central defenders  ;)

Do you reckon we'll use Dael Fry more this coming season?

After seeing him score a goal today I suspect Pulis was sat somewhere with a semi-on just thinking of all the possibilities with not one but two goalscoring central defenders  ;)

LOL. Only a semi? Full on boner I reckon.

Thinking about it, if we get a decent offer for Gibson, then Ayala/Fry is pretty much a ready made starting line up. We'd then need a back up CB, but I think Fry is ready to step up.

Yeah, I always have concerns when we talk about youth players stepping up to replace experienced proven quality but there's something about fry that gives me confidence that he's ready. He certainly hasn't given a single reason to think otherwise in his time on the pitch both for us and england.

Yeah, I always have concerns when we talk about youth players stepping up to replace experienced proven quality but there's something about fry that gives me confidence that he's ready. He certainly hasn't given a single reason to think otherwise in his time on the pitch both for us and england.

Yeah, I agree. We've been linked with Flint, who I've rated for years. However, I don't think we need him now. Cheaper back up CB, and spend the money elsewhere, where we need it more.

Fry as our new right back? Or is he left footed so our new left back?

I'd have Fry as Ayala's partner if we do sell Gibson. Could perhaps make sense of the links to CBs in the twilight of their careers who can't necessarily play 40-50 games a season - gives Fry more game time without the instant pressure of being utilised in every single match.

Having someone with the quality and promise of Dael Fry ready to naturally step into the side if a big name player like Ben Gibson leaves is pretty much the perfect example of how an academy should supply the first team. Obviously if Fry struggles when he gets his chances then that's a different matter and he'd deserve to not keep his place in the team, but he certainly should get his opportunity.

Having someone with the quality and promise of Dael Fry ready to naturally step into the side if a big name player like Ben Gibson leaves is pretty much the perfect example of how an academy should supply the first team. Obviously if Fry struggles when he gets his chances then that's a different matter and he'd deserve to not keep his place in the team, but he certainly should get his opportunity.

Yeah definitely. I’d be fairly happy with him starting the season and having Shotton as backup and then bring in a new starting right back. Ideally I’d take Bjelland on a free as he is better than both Fry and Ayala but I think he is aiming higher than another championship club.