oneBoro Forum
LukeR

'Other Boro stuff'

Yes maybe it's the plan to play 2 up front?

Wouldn't that mean Traore at wing back? Not something I would be comfortable with at all. You also need a better ball playing CB than either of Gibson, Ayala and Flint. There is a reason why Southgate play Walker there even though he is often a liability.

Wouldn't that mean Traore at wing back? Not something I would be comfortable with at all. You also need a better ball playing CB than either of Gibson, Ayala and Flint. There is a reason why Southgate play Walker there even though he is often a liability.

Traore would be one hell of an exciting wing back for me. I don't see us playing with "ball playing " CB's as TP will want them to be defenders first and foremost. I think Southgate plays Walker there because he has a blistering turn of pace and can cover in behind if a mistake is made. It's all speculation at the moment and it's just my opinion

As mentioned previously, if we are to change to wing backs and get rid of Fabio and having got rid of Christie, I won't be best pleased. I don't think we will though.

Traore would work as a wingback if we had a very mobile right sided defender in the centre so he can cover him when traore is way up the other end of the pitch. Think a back four when we have the ball and a 5 when the opposition has it. It could work...

As a new captain I would appoint Ayala. That would give him some responsibility and could take some of the reckless behaviour out of him... He is a tad aggressive at times and gets a lot of cards. Maybe that could change, if he was given the captain's role!

As a vice skipper I would choose Randolph

As a new captain I would appoint Ayala. That would give him some responsibility and could take some of the reckless behaviour out of him... He is a tad aggressive at times and gets a lot of cards. Maybe that could change, if he was given the captain's role!

As a vice skipper I would choose Randolph

Never a been a big fan of goalkeepers being club captains. As long as they control their goal area with authority that’s good enough. I’ve said it before the captain is there for what he does all week. Not just the 90mins on a Saturday. He will push people in training, he will help develop youth, he’ll be the mediator between players and coaching staff. Issue a bollocking when needed or pull everyone together when need also. That’s why Grant got it and Gibbo after him. In my eyes the person that could do that now (thinking that Ben and Grant will be gone) is either Stewy or George, possibly Ads Clayton imo

Possible set up?! Shotton and Fry could cover the back 3. You could get gestede and stewy in the front 2 with stewy and gestede  it’d be 3-1-4-1-1

We would be even more vulnerable down the flanks than under Monk. Big no from me. For me it's usually only the world class teams that can really pull off the 3-5-2 formation. It's too big a gamble to introduce. And I really hate that formation :)

It's good that they'll get their chance to show what they can do. This could very well be Chapman's last chance to make his mark so I hope he'll be keen to get out there and show Tony what he can do. All 3 should be looking to get themselves in and around the squad this season.

Harry Chapman, Lewis Wing and Marcus Tavernier have gone with the 1st team to Austria

The poor things.

:)