oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

It's nice to see he thinks of us as a City. Interesting about the coach he disagreed with. Not surprised we were interested or that we wanted him as a right-back but fair enough he wanted to play centre-back.

Yeah it was the bit about the coach that intrigued me, as I don't think there was any talk of him and Karanka falling out previously.

Although the immediate thought is that it would be Karanka he had a falling out with, it could really be any of the first team coaching staff who were there at the time.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

It's nice to see he thinks of us as a City. Interesting about the coach he disagreed with. Not surprised we were interested or that we wanted him as a right-back but fair enough he wanted to play centre-back.

Yeah it was the bit about the coach that intrigued me, as I don't think there was any talk of him and Karanka falling out previously.

Although the immediate thought is that it would be Karanka he had a falling out with, it could really be any of the first team coaching staff who were there at the time.

I find it hard to believe it was Karanka, simply because Kalas returned for an extra year after the playoffs. I'd guess it was one of the coaches we brought in after the playoff defeat.

Did Karanka have an issue with Adomah before Derby away of the promotion season? It definitely still could have been him regardless of him coming back for the second. Remember, his 2nd season was when the rails started coming off for Karanka.

Not saying it definitely was as him. They were mostly part of the divide people talked of. But I don't have difficulty in believing it was Karanka, far from it.

Probably Agnew.

Oh aye, he was always falling out with people.

I know, that's why it was probably him.

I never liked him.

steve-agnew-topic.jpg

"Ha'way man, am not that bad, if ya just got to know us like!"

Probably Agnew.

Oh aye, he was always falling out with people.

I know, that's why it was probably him.

I never liked him.

steve-agnew-topic.jpg

"Ha'way man, am not that bad, if ya just got to know us like!"

"Gibbo will vouch for me"

"Middlesbrough and Aston Villa look set for battle over a player once again with Bakary Sako on both their radars, TEAMtalk can reveal.

The 30-year-old winger left Crystal Palace earlier in the summer after failing to agree terms on a new contract.

He almost rejoined the Eagles again late last month, but that fell through and now he is a target for a number of Championship clubs.

Promotion favourites Boro are desperate to bolster their options out wide, and, after missing out on deals for Yannick Bolasie and Albert Adomah, a deal for Sako could very well fit the bill."

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-boro-villa-locked-in-battle-for-free-agent-winger

"Middlesbrough and Aston Villa look set for battle over a player once again with Bakary Sako on both their radars, TEAMtalk can reveal.

The 30-year-old winger left Crystal Palace earlier in the summer after failing to agree terms on a new contract.

He almost rejoined the Eagles again late last month, but that fell through and now he is a target for a number of Championship clubs.

Promotion favourites Boro are desperate to bolster their options out wide, and, after missing out on deals for Yannick Bolasie and Albert Adomah, a deal for Sako could very well fit the bill."

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-boro-villa-locked-in-battle-for-free-agent-winger

Why would villa want him when they have Adomah and bolasie

Wonder if Sako was banking on a lucrative middle eastern or Chinese move but that never materialized and on deadline day he was desperate for the Palace move which also didn’t come off. Now he will have to significantly lower his demands to just play football this season. If we can get him on a reasonable 2-3 year deal then great. If he is greedy then let villa have him. He must be a long way off top form having been without a club since May.

Why would villa want him when they have Adomah and bolasie

And El Ghazy