oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Pulis' comments from today's press conference are much more positive .

"There’s good competition now and hopefully we’re in a better place than we were last year when I came in"

"We’ve got a good group of players that if we get injuries, if we get a drop in form or suspensions, we’ve got enough depth now to cover those situations.”

Contrast that to what he was saying previously:

"we know we have to bring players in, that group is not good enough to get us promoted."

“It’s a smashing group, but it’s not good enough to get us promoted. We need to add to the group.”

Since he said that, we added Hugill, Besic, McQueen, Saville and Batth.

All good additions to the squad, but maybe only Besic and Saville will expect to be regular starters.

I wonder if these incoming players really have made that much difference in Pulis' mind, or whether he's just putting a positive spin on transfer dealings. It's hard to tell with Pulis.

hes right, we had no depth at all did we. get a few injuries and we'd have had the likes of downing and leadbitter playing 3 games a week and young lads playing. you dont get promoted like that. we would lose form quickly. just have to look at other teams who fall away when injuries hit. in past seasons. once the form dips you rarely get it back. strength in depth is key.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Decent write up about why we walked away from deals in the summer https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-ready-join-premier-league-15151324

Adomah has got to be one of those mentioned with the agent demanding a 7 figure promotion bonus even though we offered to pick up and extend his current lucrative deal. He must be really happy now because he is never going to get such a good deal when his current deal runs out next summer and he is a year older or when he is left scrambling for interest in january.

This bloke stood next to me.  Spent half the game on the phone and stood in silence.

Been going on at BoroFanTV on Twitter after this rubbish and they go on like this lad is just another fan and that any fan is welcome to come and air their views the way he does, yet they bring him over to Rockliffe on Deadline Day and do bits outside the Riverside on non-Matchdays with him too. He's been skyrocketed to the forefront of their show because of his post-match rant about Leeds last year at Elland Road doing so well for their viewing figures. And he's an absolute bell-end. Standing outside stadiums like Elland Road and Carrow Road like these teams are nothing and have always been nothing. We all like to get one over on teams like Leeds but so ignorantly discussing their history like they're a team that's the *** on the bottom of your shoe is embarrassing. They certainly won't get me watching their crap whilst they continue to make him the main character.

This bloke stood next to me. Spent half the game on the phone and stood in silence.

Ended up next to him two away games in a row last season, Millwall and Sheff Wed. I’d seen his cringey Leeds post match reaction that went viral. Based on that, I expected him to be giving it big licks. But same as what you’ve witnessed, Rich, he was dead silent all game. Then he comes out and gives these ‘passionate’ reactions. Cynic in me says whoever runs Boro Fan TV saw the success his Leeds reaction brought them and asked for more. The result has been interviews like these. Pathetic, ill-informed, embarrassing outbursts in an attempt to bring attention to their channel. Well, it might generate some interest for Boro Fan TV but unfortunately it also makes cretins like AJT the face of our largely sound fan base. Does my swede in.

According to the conversation I had with them on Twitter, it's not down to him getting more views because YouTube isn't about views. It's that the lad himself indicated he wanted to do more and they had a lot of requests for more from him. Whether those requests were from Boro fans, I really don't know. I'm calling bull *** anyway. They say any fan is welcome to do it and I'm pretty sure we'd all like something like that representing our fans better than the lad who does. But while he's there, no dignified Boro fan is going to want to do it.

According to the conversation I had with them on Twitter, it's not down to him getting more views because YouTube isn't about views. 

Lol either that is the most transparent lie I've ever seen or they don't understand how YouTube works. Had a quick scroll down their videos and to be fair they do upload interviews with a fair few different fans. However, there's no doubting AJT is their flagship man. I can't help but feel if you're going to be a fan who's putting themselves in the public eye then there's a responsibility not to be a total ***. Unfortunately, AJT clearly doesn't feel the same. Think he should take a note out of Yusuf's book. Or that actor fella who used to be fairly prominent. I wasn't personally interested in their content but appreciated that they seemed like genuinely nice fellas generating positivity about the club. 

Having said that, they both received a lot of stick so maybe it's just best to keep away from the whole idea...

This bloke stood next to me. Spent half the game on the phone and stood in silence.

Ended up next to him two away games in a row last season, Millwall and Sheff Wed. I’d seen his cringey Leeds post match reaction that went viral. Based on that, I expected him to be giving it big licks. But same as what you’ve witnessed, Rich, he was dead silent all game. Then he comes out and gives these ‘passionate’ reactions. Cynic in me says whoever runs Boro Fan TV saw the success his Leeds reaction brought them and asked for more. The result has been interviews like these. Pathetic, ill-informed, embarrassing outbursts in an attempt to bring attention to their channel. Well, it might generate some interest for Boro Fan TV but unfortunately it also makes cretins like AJT the face of our largely sound fan base. Does my swede in.

This - it's giving an impression we are all as ill-informed as him.

Total moron... does he not see the reaction his videos get and that he's a laughing stock. Any attention is good attention for some I guess.

Total moron... does he not see the reaction his videos get and that he's a laughing stock. Any attention is good attention for some I guess.

He works in South Bank Tesco Extra, he's an utter bellend.

As for them claiming he's not their main contributor, what about the video where they bought him a Boro shirt, I think it was last season? Blindfolded him and put a Sunderland one on instead. His reaction when removing the blindfold was so over the top and pathetic.

But his rants are "top bantz" clearly.