• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Boltons fate tomorrow could have a big impact on us judging by this tweet. It puts a lot of teams within a couple of points of us, even closer than it already is. It puts Bristol within 4 points with 2 games in hand and puts derby above us.

Bolton given another 2 weeks to settle their debts and avoid a winding-up order

I have a question about transfers and how much influence a player has....

With seasons coming to an end and the summer window approaching there are lots of rumors floating around. For Middlesbrough it involves their younger players. Billal Brahimi i understand is free to sign anywhere after the season and not much can be done if he decided to leave. However there's reports of Tav being a target, and now Nathon Wood and Stephen Walker being courted by Man U and other big clubs.

My question is how much influence would a player have if a team makes a transfer offer and how willing are teams to sell young talent? Is it quite fluid or are they reluctant.

Tav, Wood, Walker are under contract for 2 yrs, 2 yrs and 5 yrs respectively. It would seem that although you could get a good price Middlesbrough would be better off keeping their talent and building a core for future success. Or are these rumors par for the course and rarely amount to anything?

I have a question about transfers and how much influence a player has....

With seasons coming to an end and the summer window approaching there are lots of rumors floating around. For Middlesbrough it involves their younger players. Billal Brahimi i understand is free to sign anywhere after the season and not much can be done if he decided to leave. However there's reports of Tav being a target, and now Nathon Wood and Stephen Walker being courted by Man U and other big clubs.

My question is how much influence would a player have if a team makes a transfer offer and how willing are teams to sell young talent? Is it quite fluid or are they reluctant.

Tav, Wood, Walker are under contract for 2 yrs, 2 yrs and 5 yrs respectively. It would seem that although you could get a good price Middlesbrough would be better off keeping their talent and building a core for future success. Or are these rumors par for the course and rarely amount to anything?

For the 3 players you've mentioned we'd be wanting big fees (Tav probably at least £5m at this moment in time and the other two at least £1m which for a 16 year old and an 18 year old would be a big risk for a team to take).

Generally these rumours are par for the course when you have a good academy like we do. Every decent prospect that comes through gets linked with the top clubs, not many leave.

The academy and younger lads need are going to to be vital next season when we have to adjust to the new financial landscape post-parachute payments. It's surely going to represent a perfect opportunity to the likes of Fry, Tavernier and Wing to nail their places down as first team regulars. It's a shame that Brahimi seems like he's going to leave before he gets an opportunity to make an impact on our team next season.

Everywhere we go

You look kinda normal, which surprises me a little.  Well done.

But he is in the RAF, so normal is as normal does ;)

One of my favourite things about oneBoro meet ups is putting faces to names

Braithwaites future is up in the air. He has just said that he is not going back to Boro and he is not staying at Leganes after his loan because they can't afford the fee. Considering he is two years into his 9 million deal here I think we are probably asking around 6 million for him. I'd imagine that we have clawed a bit back from Bordeaux and Leganes in loan fees. I think his 50k wages will be a huge problem. All we can hope for is that he continues to have a good end to the season and is willing to take a wage drop.

West Ham reportedly want £10m for Jordan Hugill, Who the hell comes up with these price tags? are BORO daft enough to spend that sort of money on him? (don't forget he is a local lad),

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we sell Britt to fund this deal, especially if Pulis remains in charge.