Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
LukeR

'Other Boro stuff'

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

What a ridiculous article. Vickers is insane.

He trawls social media, collects a few outrageous opinions, takes those as the general consensus then half agrees with them whilst arguing against them at the same time. 

Is he a member of this forum? ?

It has always been a bit of tinfoil conspiracy that he is indeed hiding somewhere on here.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

It has always been a bit of tinfoil conspiracy that he is indeed hiding somewhere on here.

Hmmm... that sounds like something Vickers would say  ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This quote from Woodgate could be rather telling: "Why did he go? You've got to have a manager who wants you, firstly, and I like Martin. I think he's a really, really good player and I think he can offer this football club a lot."

I don't think Pulis ever really wanted Braithwaite and Pulis doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that pulls any punches when he doesn't like a player. Their relationship probably soured pretty quickly. I'm not absolving MB of all blame here, I'm merely saying that if you know your manager doesn't like you, plays a tactict that doesn't suit you and gives you on-field assignments you're not comfortable with then it might be difficult to keep up the motivation regardless of the money you are making. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

This quote from Woodgate could be rather telling: "Why did he go? You've got to have a manager who wants you, firstly, and I like Martin. I think he's a really, really good player and I think he can offer this football club a lot."

I don't think Pulis ever really wanted Braithwaite and Pulis doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that pulls any punches when he doesn't like a player. Their relationship probably soured pretty quickly. I'm not absolving MB of all blame here, I'm merely saying that if you know your manager doesn't like you, plays a tactict that doesn't suit you and gives you on-field assignments you're not comfortable with then it might be difficult to keep up the motivation regardless of the money you are making. 

I said to KM that exact thing, as soon as I read that it stood out as a dig at Pulis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That article is written both for and against Martin, like it came from the club, to please some fans, No matter if we sell or keep ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, we do want him to be at his fittest if we keep him or if we flog him, we don't really get any benefit from shoving him in the reserves or sending him home, he'll keep picking up his pay packet regardless. And it hardly puts us in a good negotiating position doing such things, we'll struggle to get anyone to fork up anything for him regardless, at least if we feign him having value to us, we might get a few extra quid out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SmogDane said:

That article is written both for and against Martin, like it came from the club, to please some fans, No matter if we sell or keep ??

I would still sell him personally as enough things have happened now and he's clearly on a lot of money.  I'm just not having the Gazette criticising him for disappearing when they disappeared themselves for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I would still sell him personally as enough things have happened now and he's clearly on a lot of money. 

We rarely have the same opinion in terms of footballing views, but this is something I agree with you on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

We rarely have the same opinion in terms of footballing views, but this is something I agree with you on.

Don't we?  Are you not bothered about being wrong all the time then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Don't we?  Are you not bothered about being wrong all the time then?

We agree on a few things but not everything (which is natural). I'm not bothered by that as I thought it was you that was wrong all the time? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

We agree on a few things but not everything (which is natural). I'm not bothered by that as I thought it was you that was wrong all the time? 

??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Still No MB pictures from todays training. 

thought he'd be doing test etc. before joining in................... if he's there

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Still No MB pictures from todays training. 

Do you think that you meeting him when you were over here and trying to steal his car has traumatised him mate? ?

  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Do you think that you meeting him when you were over here and trying to steal his car has traumatised him mate? ?

He told me, he had to replace the leather seats, to get rid of the stench! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • This is what I would want to see. More of a 3-5-2 which has worked for us at times this season. I feel like we need Howson in midfield as our midfielders are just useless and lack any leadership, he can at least make a tackle. Saville to start if we want more balance or Tav if we wanna go for it. Roberts behind the striker and just let him run at them on the counter attack, maybe him and Britt could get something going. Let Spence and Coulson offer our pace and width as wingsback.                                          Stojanovic    Spence - Fry - Moukoudi - Friend/Shotton - Coulson                          Howson - McNair - Saville/Tav                                       Roberts                                               Britt/Fletch                             Not that it matters like, don't have much hope for this game.
    • Half-way through Mad Men and just started series 5 of The Bureau, both excellent. 
    • Warnock's had a good shuffle of the pack now. That's the desperate hope that his selections will finally click and maybe lady luck will smile on us too.
    • Got a competition launching if your interested.   Predict all the scores in the Prem games this weekend 5 Points if you get the correct score 2 Points for correct result Person with the most points takes the pot   £5 a go Join the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1606647006164160/ Entry Form.xlsx
    • At this point I'd usually go check out how Millwall were doing and figure out how we could beat them. But whilst Stoke wasn't exactly a masterclass, the last two games in particular have left me bereft of confidence in this side. This squad isn't built out of League One quality players and yet the lack of quality coming from players at the moment makes it look like they are. Our passing and movement is so key to the way Warnock wants us to play but I just don't think anyone is really tackling this task together right now. We see some individual quality on display, particularly from Roberts and Britt at times in the last few games, but it's just not coming together as a unit. The final ball or decision is made too late, too strong or too weak. I agree with some others that I don't think that effort is necessarily the issue... it's just quality when and where it matters. We don't have a single player in the squad right now who's capable of planting a ball on a player's noggin on a consistent basis from a dead ball, never mind when in the flow of play. Still, the team? Hopefully Spence is back... this is what comes to mind. Stojanovic Spence Fry Friend Coulson Tav Howson Saville Roberts Fletcher Britt
×
×
  • Create New...