Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great quote from Kevin Blackwell in the Athletic today 🤣🤣🤣

It's my birthday today, meant to be my 30th but I've refused to allow that in current circumstances of not being able to celebrate it. I usually get my age on the back of one of my shirts so I re

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-obvious-choice-manage-18614026.amp?__twitter_impression=true "Gibson is a hands-on owner and Bausor is a hands-on chief exe

Posted Images

Glad he see's that and well done for admitting that he really did have a poor season.

I remember when he got his one and only goal so early in the season I though great he is going to contribute so much, but little did we know and it was a shame to see the effect it had on Brunnners! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We all knew what we were getting with Flint. He's an average centre back who usually makes himself worth it by popping up with nearly double figures in goals. 

I'd sell but his value won't be great. He's getting on and he will be on a good contract to.

Hopefully with a more attacking style of play his goal return comes back next season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

We all knew what we were getting with Flint. He's an average centre back who usually makes himself worth it by popping up with nearly double figures in goals. 

I'd sell but his value won't be great. He's getting on and he will be on a good contract to.

Hopefully with a more attacking style of play his goal return comes back next season.

Club are trying to offload for peanuts aswell. Can't remember who said it on here, but we are brassic

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Club are trying to offload for peanuts aswell. Can't remember who said it on here, but we are brassic

We're trying to offload for peanuts because we made so many signings recently that we overpaid for and are currently overpaying.  It's going to be a struggle to get rid of a lot of them so being prepared to let them go cheaply is one way of trying to encourage prospective buyers.  I reckon we'll end up paying the wages of some players we sell, if we end up selling them at all that is.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really we could do with pulis taking over an upper mid table championship team so we can flog off some of our *** to him. He’d have ‘rudy’ and ‘flinty’ I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We're trying to offload for peanuts because we made so many signings recently that we overpaid for and are currently overpaying.  It's going to be a struggle to get rid of a lot of them so being prepared to let them go cheaply is one way of trying to encourage prospective buyers.  I reckon we'll end up paying the wages of some players we sell, if we end up selling them at all that is.

 

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We're trying to offload for peanuts because we made so many signings recently that we overpaid for and are currently overpaying.  It's going to be a struggle to get rid of a lot of them so being prepared to let them go cheaply is one way of trying to encourage prospective buyers.  I reckon we'll end up paying the wages of some players we sell, if we end up selling them at all that is.

Why those that authorised the purchases are still in a job I don't know. They are clearly unfit for the job.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

We're trying to offload for peanuts because we made so many signings recently that we overpaid for and are currently overpaying.  It's going to be a struggle to get rid of a lot of them so being prepared to let them go cheaply is one way of trying to encourage prospective buyers.  I reckon we'll end up paying the wages of some players we sell, if we end up selling them at all that is.

Heard there arent many suitors for them either. Even at 3m a piece

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Heard there arent many suitors for them either. Even at 3m a piece

Most of those we desperately wan rid of only have one year left on their contracts apart from Braithwaite. This means we cant demand much for them but also means we will soon be rid of them as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It has all the hallmarks of the start of the Mowbray era, we were stuck with the Strachan buys who were overpaid and not contributing enough on the pitch. 

It feels like we need to shift half of the current squad before we start again, I think Woodgate is the new Mowbray who'll be used as the fall guy while the club rebalance the books. 

You wonder if we actually learnt anything from the Strachan era. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Britts DR Congo out of AFCON. Lost on pens. Britt did not take one as he was subbed off at ET. 26 days left before Luton so enough time I hope for him to rest up and be involved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Did Britt have holidays before afcon or is he still due to be away?

He posted lots of holiday pics so I would guess he did go away already yeah.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...