oneBoro Forum
LukeR

'Other Boro stuff'

I see Sheff Wed habve joined Derby and Villa in selling their stadium to a company owned by the club owner/owners.

These were the 3 clubs reported to be on verge of serious FFP breaches and all now used same loophole it seems to avoid any sanctions.

16 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I see Sheff Wed habve joined Derby and Villa in selling their stadium to a company owned by the club owner/owners.

These were the 3 clubs reported to be on verge of serious FFP breaches and all now used same loophole it seems to avoid any sanctions.

Was reading stories in May that so many clubs doing this now is forcing the EFL to look into their financial rules to stop it happening, but I don't know whether anything will come of it.

13 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Was reading stories in May that so many clubs doing this now is forcing the EFL to look into their financial rules to stop it happening, but I don't know whether anything will come of it.

It shouldn’t be allowed. The whole point of FFP is to stop clubs going to the wall by running up to much debt.

whats going to happen if the derby/Sheff wed chairman walks away not only leaving them millions in debt but with no stadium too?

It's a good job Gibson made a deal out of it and the EFL essentially said 'meh'. Now they know for sure they are allowed to do it and have thus done so.

7 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's a good job Gibson made a deal out of it and the EFL essentially said 'meh'. Now they know for sure they are allowed to do it and have thus done so.

Yeah, one of the theories was that SG was testing the water so he could also do it. You know they would come down on us like a ton of bricks though if we tried it! 

54 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Really wish he was here in some capacity, but glad he's doing well. I know the article states he didn't necessarily want to go straight into coaching after he left Sydney F.C, but I think if we'd have given him an opportunity he'd have taken it.

Edited by Denzel Zanzibar

think he regrets not joining Liverpool, if he had I doubt he'd have ever come back to us.

http://www.bsfc.co.uk/boro-link-for-blues/

Boro link for Blues (Bishop Stortford)

Blues have entered into a partnership with Football League side Middlesbrough to provide a pathway for their academy players to progress to the professional games.
Martin Carter, Head of Academy Recruitment at the Championship side, will be in close contact with Blues’ management to identify potential talent throughout the South East and London.
This could lead to players playing for the Blues’ first team, and if they progress to a high enough standard, then going up for trials at Middlesbrough.
The academy players will be visiting Middlesbrough’s prestigious training facility Rockliffe Park, for coaching sessions and matches with their teams of the same age. Boro has a similar partnership in place with Northern Irish club Portadown and has close working relationships with a number of other clubs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Do people reckon Luton tickets will make it to general sale? Being a Friday night and on TV I figured they might.. 

I doubt it will get to general as it will be a new place for many people