oneBoro Forum
LukeR

'Other Boro stuff'

2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

oh here we go. some questions with substance now...

Anything of note? I gave up trying to listen awhile ago

1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

Nothing of note.

1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

unfortunately not mate. the substance was short lived.

On Braithwaite: He has been very good in training. He has not told me he wants to leave boro so I will take that as he wants to stay and goes on to reaffirm he been best player in training.

Asked if loan market a more likely option than Permanent: We will see. Both options will be explored.

On Captain: He confirms George Friend will be Captain. That is both club captain and team captain. Calls him a fantastic leader and a great example to the young kids.

8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Of course George is captain. I can't imagine why we'd change that.

Because he's not very good?

16 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Neither was Leadbitter, he was still captain until he left.

15 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He’s an incredible role model and completely ‘gets’ the club, he should be club captain until he leaves/retires. 

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:
26 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Neither was Leadbitter, he was still captain until he left.

That's different though, Leadbitter was made captain during a time when he was one of the first names on the teamsheet, and deservedly so.

Friend as club captain is fine, but shouldn't be a guaranteed starter.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

That's different though, Leadbitter was made captain during a time when he was one of the first names on the teamsheet, and deservedly so.

I dont think him being a team captain does make him an automatic starter. There are plenty of examples of players that are team captain but are not guaranteed starters. Valencia was team captain at Utd but was not a regular. Jagielka at Everton last season. Morgan at Leicester is another. 

Friend being team captain does not mean anything in terms of him being a guaranteed starter imo.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:
6 minutes ago, Tom said:

I dont think him being a team captain does make him an automatic starter. There are plenty of examples of players that are team captain but are not guaranteed starters. Valencia was team captain at Utd but was not a regular. Jagielka at Everton last season. Morgan at Leicester is another. 

Friend being team captain does not mean anything in terms of him being a guaranteed starter imo.

But each of them were appointed to the role when they started every week. So even though they've dropped out of the team, like Leadbitter, they are never actually stripped of the captaincy.

For me, when you actually appoint a captain, you choose someone who will start when fit.  

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

But each of them were appointed to the role when they started every week. So even though they've dropped out of the team, like Leadbitter, they are never actually stripped of the captaincy.

For me, when you actually appoint a captain, you choose someone who will start when fit.  

Friend was appointed captain on Leadbitters sale, I thought, which means he was picked when he was something that was chosen when fit.

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

unfortunately not mate. the substance was short lived.

On Braithwaite: He has been very good in training. He has not told me he wants to leave boro so I will take that as he wants to stay and goes on to reaffirm he been best player in training.

Asked if loan market a more likely option than Permanent: We will see. Both options will be explored.

On Captain: He confirms George Friend will be Captain. That is both club captain and team captain. Calls him a fantastic leader and a great example to the young kids.

Just a thought, has Woodgate not thought to ask Braithwaite what he wants to do? 

It would seem like a pretty important thing for me to find out if I was the manager.