Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
LukeR

'Other Boro stuff'

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Just got an email through from MFC, effectively saying anyone effected by ticket collections last Saturday will be able to get a ticket for a future home game free of charge. 

Very good gesture by the club in my opinion. Frustrating on the day to miss half of the 1st half. But this is a good idea to rectify the issue.

Is it collection only? ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Just got an email through from MFC, effectively saying anyone effected by ticket collections last Saturday will be able to get a ticket for a future home game free of charge. 

Very good gesture by the club in my opinion. Frustrating on the day to miss half of the 1st half. But this is a good idea to rectify the issue.

Just to add to this, I have also been called by MFC and they have explained the above.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

U23s look like they're going to lose 1-0 to Stoke tonight but Fry has come through seemingly unscathed after his 60 minutes in the game. Good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely horrible clash of heads in the u23s results in a 15 minute stoppage of play, as both players were taken away on a stretcher. Jack Robinson the unfortunate player for boro.

 

Really hope the 2 lads are alright. The collision was so loud you could hear the impact on the other side of the pitch.  ?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Packing up to move house next week and came across this beauty whilst I was packing. 

Anyone else ever had a job @ the Boro

IMG_20190818_125539.jpg

Edited by BearSmog
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BearSmog said:

Packing up to move house next week and came across this beauty whilst I was packing. 

Anyone else ever had a job @ the Boro

IMG_20190818_125539.jpg

Spent the last two seasons working for the club as their audio descriptive commentator for blind and partially sighted supporters... Best job ever, despite having to put up with Pulisball ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Sarumite said:

Spent the last two seasons working for the club as their audio descriptive commentator for blind and partially sighted supporters... Best job ever, despite having to put up with Pulisball ?

That's cool that, mate ?

I guess you commentate more like the radio guys than the TV ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BearSmog said:

Packing up to move house next week and came across this beauty whilst I was packing. 

Anyone else ever had a job @ the Boro

IMG_20190818_125539.jpg

Me! Bar staff haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 1:46 PM, DanFromDownSouth said:

Just got an email through from MFC, effectively saying anyone effected by ticket collections last Saturday will be able to get a ticket for a future home game free of charge. 

Very good gesture by the club in my opinion. Frustrating on the day to miss half of the 1st half. But this is a good idea to rectify the issue.

Sake....I got an email from the club saying as I managed to watch the whole game they are sending me free tickets to 2 free games as compensation..

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Changing Times said:

That's cool that, mate ?

I guess you commentate more like the radio guys than the TV ones?

Essentially, yes. 

I'd like to think with none of the nonsense that you often get with radio commentaries. I describe exactly what's happening, very little time for fluffy stuff. It's more like the original radio commentaries before personality started to get in the way of things ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Sarumite said:

Essentially, yes. 

I'd like to think with none of the nonsense that you often get with radio commentaries. I describe exactly what's happening, very little time for fluffy stuff. It's more like the original radio commentaries before personality started to get in the way of things ?

Can we swap you for the commentator on BBC Tees? ?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChipBarrington said:

Sake....I got an email from the club saying as I managed to watch the whole game they are sending me free tickets to 2 free games as compensation..

???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Duvel said:

Can we swap you for the commentator on BBC Tees? ?

BBC Tees have a perfectly good commentator.. just a shame it's Rob Law and not Mark 'I love a cliche and club nickname and talk about anything but the game' Drury 

I don't think I'd go down too well either, with my southern accent and all.. long commute too as back in the land of over priced houses ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Yes it does. Seems like the Belgian league pulled the trigger too soon because they have been summoned into a meeting with uefa after uefa said they would ban clubs for next season if the leagues were cancelled. 
    • Hi everyone and I hope all are doing as well as can be under the circumstances? Still no sign of this nightmare abating for a while yet. Plenty of examples of people still not understanding the social distancing rules or maybe defying the advise or instruction. Plenty of conspiracy theories going around and certainly G5 towers being damaged because of it. Where will it end I wonder as I would not be surprised to see further examples of social unrest down the line. Are any of you feeling the brunt of the reality of COVID 19 or know of friends, family that are going through it, if so hopes of a pull through are sent to you? So much time on our hands now, use it well and take good care of yourselves. 
    • Wonder who Sky sports would employ to slate boro if Keith Andrews goes...🤔
    • As is typical of the FAI Robbie Keane signed a 4 year deal at the time that McCarthy signed a 2 year deal so he still has a contract. However it is understood that Stephen Kenny does not want him in the senior set up. Kenny wishes to work with Keith Andrews as his assistant and Damien Duff as coach.
    • Hello everyone, Hope you are all well, I see ROI have bought forward  theyu21 boss appointment as boss of senior teams to replace Mick McCarthy. Does anyone know if that means Robbie Keane also left? Cant find anything other than FA thanking Mick and his staff for they work.
×
×
  • Create New...