oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/10/death-of-diabolik-fabrizio-piscitelli-lazio-football-ultra

Here's a fantastic read on Piscitelli - former leader of the Lazio’s Irriducibili - shot dead last week.

Cheers - really interesting. Lazio do seem to come up time and again when thuggery is discussed... My uncle was telling me about Rome being pretty much the only place he's been genuinely scared at a Boro game. I know that was Roma not Lazio, but still. Sounds like the police are worse than the fans. 

• Replies 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Brunners said:

They'll be found to have done nothing wrong and then the loophole will be closed. Book it.

Depends what way to look at it. The move wasn't prohibited in the rules, I think, so that won't be breaking the rules. However if they look at the value then it may be a different story. Derby valued the stadium at 41 million but sold it at 80 million, so obviously not at market price. In the end I think the water is too muddy for them to come to a solution. A points reduction is going to be very unlikely. 

A big slap on the wrist and a statement that this will be written into the laws of the game so as to stop it from happening again is as best as I think we can hope for. It's not a sustainable financial decision to make.

Came on to say I have seen the EFL are once again investigating Derby. Will be interested to see what comes of this. Will the EFL investigate Sheffield Wednesday and Reading too, or are they deemed to have fairly revalued their stadiums?

Edit: After some digging Reading are due to be investigated too.

26 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Came on to say I have seen the EFL are once again investigating Derby. Will be interested to see what comes of this. Will the EFL investigate Sheffield Wednesday and Reading too, or are they deemed to have fairly revalued their stadiums?

Edit: After some digging Reading are due to be investigated too.

Wednesday and reading were both named in the original times article as being under investigation. The headline just poked at derby only because they're the biggest of the fishes.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ash said:

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I know I don’t believe a single word that comes out of Pulis’ mouth. He only cares about one person and he’ll do what he can to paint a decent picture of himself. 

2 hours ago, Borodane said:

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I know I don’t believe a single word that comes out of Pulis’ mouth. He only cares about one person and he’ll do what he can to paint a decent picture of himself. 

I can't comment on any issues they had between the two of them behind the scenes but Braithwaite did appear to have a stinking attitude from the off and wanted to be elsewhere. What you're saying could well be the case, though. Some of the players seemed somewhat relieved when he went so maybe it was his attitude as well as his awful football, who knows?