oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

9 hours ago, Ash said:

Pulis on his time as Boro manager:

Raised £50m but how much of that did he waste on signings in positions we didn't need? How much did he get from the club personally as our highest paid manager, and a supposed cut of sales? Bonuses for hitting playoffs? How much did we miss out on by not even trying for promotion when we made said playoffs?

Talk of a tighter knit squad but only tighter in the sense that they all play in the middle of the park. Talk of trimming the squad but eliminating all the wide players and replacing them with more central players is not the way to go about it.

Half truths and PR spin. Would expect nothing less from that charlatan.

• Like 4
  • Replies 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

On 9/7/2019 at 12:06 PM, Brunners said:

No joke Rudy gestede went on international duty and immediately hurt himself again and now cant play. Another thigh injury.

ah... ffs

At least international insurance will cover some of his wages while he recovers

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Coulson out for another 4-6 weeks.

Howson and Friend out for weeks yet too.

Ayala's fit and in contention.

That's a serious blow for Hayden ? Hope he comes back fit and firing on all cylinders and wins his spot back!

2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Nothing against him, but I'd not mind if he struggled to get his spot back.

It would mean Bola was actually playing well and was a solid signing.

For sure, and I think Woody has shown enough confidence in him that Bola will have to be playing really well to keep him out and I think from what I've seen of Coulson so far, it's justifiable.

And what exactly are we suing them for? Sounds like Derby haven't broken any existing rules to achieve a higher position than us. To say they achieved 6th over us because of that £40m is also not just bull *** but we'll have a job proving that.

Even if we achieved 6th, so what? Will the EFL look back at last season and think 'well if they did finish 6th, they could have been in the Premier League now'? Surely not. Not one of our fans feels as aggrieved at our position as Gibson seems to be.

He's going on a sour rampage after wasting our money over the last 2 seasons on players who were not worth relatively what we paid for them and paying a manager a *** ton to do a job he was incapable of doing, who then came out to say achieving 7th was better than our previous league finish. The fact he's on this vendetta against everyone else seems to further prove he's not going to accept the mistakes he has made.

He'd do well to keep his gob shut and focus on winning back the support closer to home who are paying for cleaning up his mess. I've never seen so many fans question his running of the club to the point of wanting rid as I've seen this year, he should really acknowledge that before pointing fingers.

• Like 2