oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

15 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Again why would he? It's a completely irrelevant point as he wouldn't have anything to do with the EFL if we were in the Premier League.

Spending money you have is allowed while spending money you don't have is not allowed which is the crux of FFP so I have no problem with relegated clubs on parachute payments spending huge. It usually means that Championship clubs get decent value for players they sell. It doesn't really work out anyway in a lot of cases.

Because if he had such strong principles about FFP and abiding by the rules then I think he'd still care about clubs flouting the rules regardless of whether it was the PL or EFL. I didn't hear him complain about other clubs when we were trying to buy promotion under Garry Monk.

You either see this sort of thing as black and white or different shades of grey. Clubs have been using clever accounting to get around FFP for a few years now. None of our fans complained when we bought Jordan Rhodes in 2016 with money basically borrowed from future Premier league revenue.

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

"If you’ve got a player who’s worth £50m you can use that. We didn’t use a loophole, let’s be very clear on this. The rules are extremely specific – the sale of a fixed asset is allowable.”

This is mel morris comments on the situation. I think it's a bit disingenuous because if you had a player worth 50m you're unlikely to sell him to your own shell company and then rent him back for half the price.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, ThisIzLeon said:

Not too sure if this is allowed here so feel free to delete/move this post. Has anyone got any experience using ExpressVPN or NordVPN? If so which is the best for streaming through the Boro website? My apologies if this isn't allowed here.

I use nord VPN. Think either would work fine for the Boro website though. Just remember to get use topcashback or similar - I got 3 years worth for about £40 after cashback.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

"If you’ve got a player who’s worth £50m you can use that. We didn’t use a loophole, let’s be very clear on this. The rules are extremely specific – the sale of a fixed asset is allowable.”

This is mel morris comments on the situation. I think it's a bit disingenuous because if you had a player worth 50m you're unlikely to sell him to your own shell company and then rent him back for half the price.

In fact, more than unlikely, selling a player to a private non-football club company is illegal under English football's laws. 

20 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I use nord VPN. Think either would work fine for the Boro website though. Just remember to get use topcashback or similar - I got 3 years worth for about £40 after cashback.

Nice one man, I will check that out! How reliable is NordVPN when streaming from the boro website?

5 minutes ago, ThisIzLeon said:

Nice one man, I will check that out! How reliable is NordVPN when streaming from the boro website?

I use Chrome extension of Windscribe which has always worked fine for games can't make gives 10GB free every month which is fine if just want to stream the odd Boro away game 

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I use Chrome extension of Windscribe which has always worked fine for games can't make gives 10GB free every month which is fine if just want to stream the odd Boro away game 

Nice one mate, i will look into this as well. I live at the bottom of the map so getting to home games is borderline impossible without planning and a good bit of cash. I always try to get to the away games within 3 hours from here though.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ThisIzLeon said:

Fine. I think the other factors such as your Internet speed and your computer/tablet will have more of an impact on the reliability than which VPN you use though. 

22 hours ago, Will said:

The legality of it surely depends on the validity of the 'independent' valuation they got on the stadium. If it can be proven that the stadium's true value was £40m then they have potentially broken the law, not just FFP.

This is exactly what they are checking this time around. In terms of the EFL's Profit and Sustainability Rules (FFP) Derby have done nothing wrong and in business it is not unusual to have intercompany transactions. But if they have unfairly valued the stadium, this is where they may find themselves in hot water. 

I think when this first broke, in terms of it being public knowledge that they had sold their stadium to themselves, I mentioned then about the new value of the stadium. I'm amazed it has taken the EFL this long to even look into the valuation.

Dan, its because the EFL are a bunch of lazy duds who’d rather sit on their hands than take action against a club. Isn’t it also a problem that Mel Morris is on the EFL board? Surely they should have some sort of independent division to investigate member clubs. Like the internal affairs in the police. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Dan, its because the EFL are a bunch of lazy duds who’d rather sit on their hands than take action against a club. Isn’t it also a problem that Mel Morris is on the EFL board? Surely they should have some sort of independent division to investigate member clubs. Like the internal affairs in the police. 

This is the same EFL that stood by and watched as Bury slipped out of existence, so I really shouldn't be surprised.