• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Good to see, but I think it shows how unreliable the stat based WhoScores is as a judge of player.

I can't believe Dijksteel was the best right back in the Championship this weekend, he was average at best for us.

? I thought he was really good at the weekend.

I also wasn't convinced either TeaCider and I listed a few things why in the match thread but we maybe pulled the worst parts of his game out on Saturday. A lot of others seem really quite happy with his performance and in this situation, it would appear the stats back that up. Looking at the rest of the team's stats from WhoScored in the game, it would appear to be pretty close to what I'd have said, barring Britt who I think was a bit better than that despite one or two bad decisions. It also highlights how good a job John Swift did for Reading, he was really good for them.

Randolph: 8.7

Dijksteel: 7.9
Fry: 7.4
Shotton: 7.6
Bola: 6.5

McNair: 7.3
Clayton: 7.5
Wing: 6.8

Johnson: 7.8
Britt: 6.3
Fletcher: 6.9

Given I actually thought Dijksteel went off for Ayala, not Bola, I must have confused the two at half time and that's probably warped my judgement somewhat.

But I feel like a lot of Dijksteels interceptions and recoveries in the first half were down to him losing the ball in the first place and I thought Bola was better.

Either way, I'm happy to see him making the team of the week and hope he continues to kick on.

I think that was generally across the team, TeaCider. I pointed that out to my mate, a lot of the applause we were giving out seemed to be for us cleaning up after mistakes we had made rather than dealing with a threat just caused by good Reading play. Whilst that defending was good, it was mostly disappointing that it was defending we forced ourselves into having to do. Dijksteel was definitely part of that at least once, Bola's error has been mentioned too.

On 9/13/2019 at 3:21 PM, boro-unger said:

I use nord VPN. Think either would work fine for the Boro website though. Just remember to get use topcashback or similar - I got 3 years worth for about £40 after cashback.

Just an update to say the NordVPN worked a treat. This an absolute game changer for a southern fan!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think that was generally across the team, TeaCider. I pointed that out to my mate, a lot of the applause we were giving out seemed to be for us cleaning up after mistakes we had made rather than dealing with a threat just caused by good Reading play. Whilst that defending was good, it was mostly disappointing that it was defending we forced ourselves into having to do. Dijksteel was definitely part of that at least once, Bola's error has been mentioned too.

The one I can specifically remember that involved dijksteel was when he kept a high pass in bounds by heading it back into the pitch but it went straight to a Reading player. Hell of a recovery to get back and make the sliding interception though

(Fairly certain they were the same move)

Ex liverpool chief executive Rick Parry to be new EFL chief executive according to sky.

He and Gibson had a long, bitter and public fall out over the Ziege transfer. I don't think they ever made up.

19 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Ex liverpool chief executive Rick Parry to be new EFL chief executive according to sky.

He and Gibson had a long, bitter and public fall out over the Ziege transfer. I don't think they ever made up.

Wasn’t he the one Gibson vowed to manhandle in a dark alley?

51 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I'm sure that'll just reinforce Gibsons wish to sue them ?

• Haha 1

The EFL approved it but just a month or so ago said they were going to investigate it with private valutations? So are they investigating their own flaws? Surely they can't punish Derby for not following the rules that the EFL said they abided by.