oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

I was bored, so I found this Anfernee Dijksteel thread at the Charlton fan Forum. 

The last 2 pages is a quite interesting read... Ofc there is the normal ignorant comments about the "shithole" industrial Boro, but other members on there seem to know quite a bit of our current situation. 
They respect Gibson for trying to play fair regarding the FFP and they ask a good question.. What will Derby and SW do next season, when they miss the money from selling the stadium to them selves, as they can only do that once...? 

Go have a read if you fancy! 

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80016/anfernee-dijksteel/p7

• Replies 22.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

On 10/5/2019 at 1:36 PM, DurhamRed said:

I bet Dijksteel wish he stayed at Charlton beating Fulham 1-0 

Every Charlton fan I spoke to on Saturday was thanking me for Boro spending so much money on him, they think they pulled our pants down there

Some of them are just downright stupid. It doesn't help when the only person who called it for what it was is trying to flip it on its head by saying 'he's a good player'. It's nothing to do with what he is as a player. He's a person and a good one by all accounts. That response doesn't tackle the problem, it just tends to agree that only good players should be celebrated and bad ones ridiculed.

As far as I can tell, that's not his fault mate. How many setbacks he's had and he still gets himself fit enough to be in the squad. If we can't make use of him or get rid of him, I don't think that's ultimately down to him. We're the ones who gave him a big contract, so long as he keeps working hard I don't see why he should be on reduced terms. It's players like Martin Braithwaite, who some would have happily welcomed back because of his talent, that are the problem for me. Getting away with murder, not actually respecting their contract and taking the ***. At least Gestede gives a ***, I don't blame him for one second choosing to stay rather than move elsewhere.

So yeah, he's a problem for us because he doesn't really fit into what we want to do, he is injury prone and he's on a big contract. I think all 3 of those things were pretty much a problem the moment we signed him and we still did.

3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

As far as I can tell, that's not his fault mate. How many setbacks he's had and he still gets himself fit enough to be in the squad. If we can't make use of him or get rid of him, I don't think that's ultimately down to him. We're the ones who gave him a big contract, so long as he keeps working hard I don't see why he should be on reduced terms. It's players like Martin Braithwaite, who some would have happily welcomed back because of his talent, that are the problem for me. Getting away with murder, not actually respecting their contract and taking the ***. At least Gestede gives a ***, I don't blame him for one second choosing to stay rather than move elsewhere.

So yeah, he's a problem for us because he doesn't really fit into what we want to do, he is injury prone and he's on a big contract. I think all 3 of those things were pretty much a problem the moment we signed him and we still did.

This

you can’t blame anybody for getting the best deal they can. If he’s getting more than he deserves then it’s the person who gave him the contracts fault.

Ofc it's not his fault .. I don't support the abuse from some fans .. But some of the insults are quite fun written .. Not for Rudy ofc.. But if you heard that in a movie, it would be funny .. 😉

On 10/7/2019 at 2:52 PM, TeaCider24 said:

Victor Valdes sacked after a few months in charge of one of the Barcelona youth team.

Bad attitude again.

Him spitting his dummy out and forcing us to play Brad Guzan did not help our PL season.

He won 4 out of 5 league games but was told by higher ups to play a different formation.. You're not really managing if those above you are setting the team up.

In other news Gestede is injured again.

1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

He won 4 out of 5 league games but was told by higher ups to play a different formation.. You're not really managing if those above you are setting the team up.

He dislocated his jaw, when it hit the ground, when he read his birthday greetings from Boro fans 😄

14 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Tbf it's similar to what Middlesbrough said they want to emulate with the Youth teams to Senior team setting up the same way so the transition of players is easier. Barca wanted him to keep the preferred 4 3 3 but he reverted to 4 4 2. He had much more trouble from other things as well though with not being allowed to use Under 18 players when they were free, not being allowed to use his preferred stadium (Estadi Johan Cruyff) despite  Barcelona's B team and woman team using it, and a fallout with the Board..... All good eh

The person who gave Gestede a 35k a week contract without a relegation release clause should be instantly sacked. I could understand the contract in the Prem as those are just the going rate up there but with the position we were in and not insert a clause is just negligent and downright stupidity clearly showcasing that the person is not up to the job. 

• Like 1