Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
LukeR

'Other Boro stuff'

Recommended Posts

I was bored, so I found this Anfernee Dijksteel thread at the Charlton fan Forum. 

The last 2 pages is a quite interesting read... Ofc there is the normal ignorant comments about the "shithole" industrial Boro, but other members on there seem to know quite a bit of our current situation. 
They respect Gibson for trying to play fair regarding the FFP and they ask a good question.. What will Derby and SW do next season, when they miss the money from selling the stadium to them selves, as they can only do that once...? 

Go have a read if you fancy! 

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80016/anfernee-dijksteel/p7

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Victor Valdes sacked after a few months in charge of one of the Barcelona youth team.

Bad attitude again.

Him spitting his dummy out and forcing us to play Brad Guzan did not help our PL season.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 1:36 PM, DurhamRed said:

I bet Dijksteel wish he stayed at Charlton beating Fulham 1-0 

 

Every Charlton fan I spoke to on Saturday was thanking me for Boro spending so much money on him, they think they pulled our pants down there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mfc's announcement of Rudy Gestede's birthday is getting really angry but funny comments 😯😉🙃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of them are just downright stupid. It doesn't help when the only person who called it for what it was is trying to flip it on its head by saying 'he's a good player'. It's nothing to do with what he is as a player. He's a person and a good one by all accounts. That response doesn't tackle the problem, it just tends to agree that only good players should be celebrated and bad ones ridiculed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as I can tell, that's not his fault mate. How many setbacks he's had and he still gets himself fit enough to be in the squad. If we can't make use of him or get rid of him, I don't think that's ultimately down to him. We're the ones who gave him a big contract, so long as he keeps working hard I don't see why he should be on reduced terms. It's players like Martin Braithwaite, who some would have happily welcomed back because of his talent, that are the problem for me. Getting away with murder, not actually respecting their contract and taking the ***. At least Gestede gives a ***, I don't blame him for one second choosing to stay rather than move elsewhere.

So yeah, he's a problem for us because he doesn't really fit into what we want to do, he is injury prone and he's on a big contract. I think all 3 of those things were pretty much a problem the moment we signed him and we still did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

As far as I can tell, that's not his fault mate. How many setbacks he's had and he still gets himself fit enough to be in the squad. If we can't make use of him or get rid of him, I don't think that's ultimately down to him. We're the ones who gave him a big contract, so long as he keeps working hard I don't see why he should be on reduced terms. It's players like Martin Braithwaite, who some would have happily welcomed back because of his talent, that are the problem for me. Getting away with murder, not actually respecting their contract and taking the ***. At least Gestede gives a ***, I don't blame him for one second choosing to stay rather than move elsewhere.

So yeah, he's a problem for us because he doesn't really fit into what we want to do, he is injury prone and he's on a big contract. I think all 3 of those things were pretty much a problem the moment we signed him and we still did.

This

you can’t blame anybody for getting the best deal they can. If he’s getting more than he deserves then it’s the person who gave him the contracts fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ofc it's not his fault .. I don't support the abuse from some fans .. But some of the insults are quite fun written .. Not for Rudy ofc.. But if you heard that in a movie, it would be funny .. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 2:52 PM, TeaCider24 said:

Victor Valdes sacked after a few months in charge of one of the Barcelona youth team.

Bad attitude again.

Him spitting his dummy out and forcing us to play Brad Guzan did not help our PL season.

He won 4 out of 5 league games but was told by higher ups to play a different formation.. You're not really managing if those above you are setting the team up.

In other news Gestede is injured again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

He won 4 out of 5 league games but was told by higher ups to play a different formation.. You're not really managing if those above you are setting the team up.

In other news Gestede is injured again.

He dislocated his jaw, when it hit the ground, when he read his birthday greetings from Boro fans 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

He won 4 out of 5 league games but was told by higher ups to play a different formation.. You're not really managing if those above you are setting the team up.

In other news Gestede is injured again.

Tbf it's similar to what Middlesbrough said they want to emulate with the Youth teams to Senior team setting up the same way so the transition of players is easier. Barca wanted him to keep the preferred 4 3 3 but he reverted to 4 4 2. He had much more trouble from other things as well though with not being allowed to use Under 18 players when they were free, not being allowed to use his preferred stadium (Estadi Johan Cruyff) despite  Barcelona's B team and woman team using it, and a fallout with the Board..... All good eh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The person who gave Gestede a 35k a week contract without a relegation release clause should be instantly sacked. I could understand the contract in the Prem as those are just the going rate up there but with the position we were in and not insert a clause is just negligent and downright stupidity clearly showcasing that the person is not up to the job. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • People criticise Gibson constantly, and it's only got louder in the past few seasons. Not sure where this idea that he never gets criticism is coming from, you go on any Boro forum and a sizeable chunk of posters will be laying in to him or wishing for a foreign billionaire.
    • Its no more deadly than the flu. You are brainwashed buddy! No more deaths than usual according to the real world stats (Not doctored). How do you like those apples? 
    • No and its not healthy. I've seen posts on fmttm today with people saying they'll back Gibson even if he takes us down. That's fair enough but how long does this unconditional support continue?  I think some would let him take us down to non league and still chant his name in the ground.  I think people look at clubs like Sunderland and Coventry and worry that we could end up like that. They never mention clubs like Leicester and Wolves who have been similar sized clubs to us for the last 30-40 years.  It was always seen as sacrilege to criticise Gibson and it would have been madness to even think about him leaving, but I think he's gone stale now. I think if the club wants to be a club competing at the top end of this division again we either need a new owner or he takes a back seat and leaves the strategic running of the club to someone else.  Gibson is probably the best thing to ever happen to this club, the journey from 86-06 was incredible but things have gone completely stale. It feels like we need new ideas at the club now. 
    • Please put everyone right then Mr Noitall with your wealth of knowledge 😉
×
×
  • Create New...