Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
LukeR

'Other Boro stuff'

Recommended Posts

It wasn't the only example during that window of negligence with money, nor are we void of examples since. I guess you could argue in the long term that Gestede was the worst transfer of the 3 made that January but we could well have been in the same situation with Guedioura had he stuck around too and I think at the time, he was probably the last player we needed. We're lucky really that he agreed to some form of mutual termination of his contract.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never mind, he's playing and scored a cracker.

Just scored a second too.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was as good a penalty save as you are likely to see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pity Sky still insist he is Darren Rudolph.....three times in two minutes in their morning round-up.....bet they would get it right if he played for Chelsea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Pity Sky still insist he is Darren Rudolph.....three times in two minutes in their morning round-up.....bet they would get it right if he played for Chelsea

Considering the amount of money that Chelsea paid for their keeper we really should be demanding north of 40m for Randolph if we ever are tempted to sell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pears has a senior career record with us as good as a clean sheet, so no worries 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've wondered for a while if Randolph is nursing something longer term and is trying to be careful. He spends very little time out on the pitch pre-match, it's just Mejias and Pears for the most part. Never understood it personally, I can only assume it's a fitness thing? Or incredible confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I've wondered for a while if Randolph is nursing something longer term and is trying to be careful. He spends very little time out on the pitch pre-match, it's just Mejias and Pears for the most part. Never understood it personally, I can only assume it's a fitness thing? Or incredible confidence.

Might just be in the pub trying to steady his nerves before the inevitable onslaught begins 🙂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So According to his instagram, Robbie Keane is in Herenveen to get his pro badge... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

So According to his instagram, Robbie Keane is in Herenveen to get his pro badge... 

He spends a lot of time doing things other than being our assistant coach. I'm assuming it was all agreed when he took on the job, but I'm not a huge fan of it.

Saying that, we don't play till Saturday and a lot of the first team seem to be elsewhere too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...